~Chapter 1

Author's POV
India!! India!!
The chants began as India won the semis to end their losing streak against New Zealand in knockout games.
Celebrations were going on.. everyone was excited for the finals.
But on the other hand the young players were way too nervous. And it was obvious for them to be nervous as they were playing their first world cup.
Players like Shreyas, Siraj, Shubman, Ishan.
.While Shubman scored an unbeaten 80*, he was a nervous wreck too.
The team entered the stadium and everyone was cheering for them.. paparazzi, fans and everyone welcomed the players.
Seeing all this, shubman became nervous.

Shubman's POV
As we entered the stadium in a team bus everyone was cheering for us...
I saw many posters and banners and these all were just making me nervous. My anxiety kicked it in.
We entered the dressing room, I was sitting quietly in the corner and then Rohit bhaiya came to me.

"What happened Shub, why are you looking so nervous?" He asked keeping a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't shake off these nerves. It's my first World Cup final, and the pressure is getting to me. "

"See it's normal to feel nervous. We've all been there. Just breathe and focus on your game." Rohit Bhaiya said.

"But Bhaiya what If I mess up? The expectations are very high?"

"We believe in you, GILL. Everyone makes mistakes, but we've trained hard for this. Trust yourself and your skills." Rohit bhaiya backed me.
“You're not alone. We win and lose as a team. Play your natural game, and enjoy the moment. We've got your back, always." Virat bhaiya came and consoled me by patting my back.

"And remember, it's not just about winning. It's about the journey and giving our best. Let's go out there and make it memorable, together." Coach motivated all of us.

"Yes you are right. Let's do this! Team"
We did a group hug and at that time ISHAN, my best friend and partner in crime entered.

Virat BHAIII!!!” He shouted at a high pitch almost turning us deaf.

“Why are you shouting khotte( stupid man)?” Virat bhai smacked Ishan on his head.

You did a group hug without me without your Ishan. Not fair” How the hell does I and Aditi handle this child. But to be honest he has always been there for me and am grateful to have him in my life. In Fact the whole team.

“You also come” Rohit Bhai said and we shared a hug again. I had these three and I knew they were my strengths on the field.

After the warm group hug, we went to practice and had our drills and stuff. I had a good net session today. I recently came out from dengue and still it's taking time to fully recover but it's a call for my country, my national duty so I have to play. I have scored 80* and had to retire because I had cramps but I don't regret it. My lucky charm, my idol and my parents were there to support me and that was the best for me. I hope to please them with my final’s score. But there's a fear, a small fear in a corner of my heart. What if I failed? What if I proved to be the unworthy player of the team?
I was packing my stuff when Shreyas came to me.
“Good session bhai” He said smacking me on my head.
“Thanks Buddy” I said, giving him a hard smack.
Ishan came from behind running and was trying to scare us but lost his balance and we three fell on the ground. Everyone was laughing at the way we were entangled.
“Get up ishuu, how much do you eat? My back!!” Shreyas said dramatically.
Siraj was recording all of this while everyone was enjoying it. Rohit Bhai , Shami Bhai and Virat Bhai too were laughing while holding their stomachs.
We got up quickly and left for our hotels as it was a big day for us the day after tomorrow. 

We sat together as usual in the bus. Me and Ishan doing our work that was to annoy everyone in the team. I was the introvert among us, while Ishan the extrovert. But with these bunch of people we were the craziest. We reached the hotel and I quickly freshened up.

I received a call and picked it immediately. I knew who it was.
My love. She had her flight to catch and reach Ahmedabad today to support me on the important day of my life. My parents already arrived here with me. And Shahneel my sister too.
“I am boarding the flight after some time so I thought of calling you. How's Ahmedabad and your cramps now? Did you take the painkiller I told you? Have you done a session with the physiotherapist? Shubb Say something?”

Done speaking, so answering your questions. Yes I am okay now. I and Ahmedabad are fine. I took the painkiller yesterday itself. I have done the session with a physiotherapist. Now tell me when will your flight reach here? I already miss you and I will come to pick you.” I said, keeping the phone on speaker wiping my hairs with the towel smiling at how lucky I am to have this girl in my life.

I guess it will arrive at 4:00 P.M. but you will be tired right? You better rest plus what if the paps clicked us together. You know how they are!!”

“I am not tired of spending time with my lilg ever. So don't worry about anyone catching us. I will be at a distance. My driver will pick you up and is Jugnu accompanying you?” Jugnu, my cousin and Sara’s friend too.

“Yeah he went to buy a novel I guess at the airport library he will come soon. Okay then Love you and take rest till the time I arrive. And rest means rest.”

“As you say my lady. Bye love you more!!”

......................................................................................................................................................

That's it for today. There would Be Shubman -Sara scenes along with ICT scenes. Thanks everyone for reading and please do vote and comment. Your reviews motivate us to write and your votes too. Please vote atleast for the efforts we have put. Silent readers atleast vote!!

Byee lovelies<3.....