Thirty Three

Coral sat on one side of the cage, Marcus, Circ, Otto and Ginnie sat on the other, and Reaper and Whiskey sat across from them.

Her back was starting to ache from leaning on the poles and she was fighting her exhaustion, but she refused to sleep, instead imagining the sky. The reality of her being alive was starting to seep in. She couldn't really believe it. Who knew one song was going to make such an impact.

"Hey. Everdeen," Reaper suddenly said, looking at her.

"Yeah?" Whiskey turned her head, brushing her curls off her face.

"Thanks," Reaper responded, nodding gratefully.

"Sorry about Dill," Whiskey replied softly.

"I'm going to make her proud," he added, looking forward at the mention of her name. "I'm going to make sure, if I ever get out of here, that everyone knows her name. The capital will pay."

Whiskey smiled and looked away. "Good."

Suddenly, someone came walking down the hallway toward their cell. Everyone glanced curiously.

To Everdeen's disgust, it was Dr Gaul. Whiskey shifted on the concrete, uncomfortably.

"Whiskey Everdeen, the songbird," She seethed.

At the mention of her name, Whiskey slowly turned her head. "Yes?"

"Come with me," Dr Gaul ordered, holding the key.

But Whiskey didn't move. "No thanks."

Dr Gaul grimaced, her smile fading into annoyance. "I wasn't asking."

"You'll kill me," Whiskey knew she would.

Dr Gaul suddenly started laughing, making her very uncomfortable. "Wouldn't that be fun. I would love to. Unfortunately the president would not be happy if his little tribute suddenly died."

"Why do you want me?" Whiskey asked, curiously, now knowing it wasn't to end her life out of pettiness.

"Find out. Come with me. Let's go for a little walk," Dr Gaul smirked.

Finally she gave in and soon she was awkwardly walking down the hallway away from the cage. Dr Gaul and her walked together in dead silence, feeling the dislike for each other. They each ruined each others lives.

Suddenly Dr Gaul spoke. "I know that rebel bombing was you."

Whiskey smiled, "Where's your proof? you have none."

"You will pay. I promise you. Because of you and your bombing, trapping the mentors, the hunger games was cancelled."

Whiskey smirked, "Good luck."

They turned a corner and a part of Whiskey hoped she was going to see Coriolanus, who she hadn't seen since the arena. He surprisingly hadn't visited her yet, and she was missing him.

However, Dean Highbottom stood patiently waiting for them. He looked serious and was holding a tape on his hand which peaked her curiosity. Whiskey was very confused at what was happening.

Luckily for her, Dr Gaul was quick to fill her in. "We need you to leave and never come back."

"What?" Whiskey stepped back, not expecting it. "Why?"

Gaul laughed, never once breaking eye contact.

Highbottom was not so sour. Instead he sighed, "Coriolanus is... He will destroy you."

Whiskey frowned, even more confused. "Why do you care."

Dr Gaul suddenly walked back, taking up room. She smirked, "You have no idea the power he holds. I do. With you around, you're corrupting and distracting my greatest asset. I need you gone."