ix. 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon!

JIMMY
Please welcome with me: Rachel Zegler, Tom Blyth, Josh Andrés Rivera and Hunter Schafer!

The audience claps. RACHEL, TOM, JOSH and HUNTER enter and sit down on the couch.

JIMMY
Good evening!

RACHEL
Hello!

TOM
Hi, Jimmy. Nice to finally meet you.

JOSH
Good evening.

HUNTER
Hi!

JIMMY
First and foremost: how was your flight here? I heard some things went south... or noth you could say.

RACHEL
(laughing)
Yes, that's true. We were supposed to land in Los Angeles two days ago, but there was no more capacity for us. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our stay in San Francisco and Stanford.

JIMMY
That's good to hear! Now, you're all relatively new actors and actresses in this industry, how do you... well, cope with the fame and fans that come with this kind of work.

HUNTER
For me, I have to say that I've already had quite some experience with popularity, but I believe that this movie will definitely catalyse this. It's a series that has so many loving fans and I really don't want to disappoint them.

TOM
I totally agree with Hunter. On set, I've always had a little bit of anxiety that there would be a lot of backlash if we adapted the book in a wrong way. Of course Francis did an awesome job, but there was always that fear in the back of my mind. However, dealing with fans and "fame" as of right now has been quite alright. We were recognised in Stanford in a café once, but for the rest of our stay there, there were barely any approaches, whether it was fans or paparazzi. However, I think it's important to separate your private and public life as an actor. If I didn't do that, I'd feel under a lot of pressure all the time to be perfect, even though I know that I am not.