xxxviii. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐮𝐩

REAL LIFE!gina

REAL LIFE!
gina

SPENDING EASTER WITH TOM'S FAMILY had been a lot of fun. However, Gina soon had to return back to her training and with one week left of her holidays, she had decided to spend a lot of time with Tom. And that included him meeting her family in New York.

At first, Tom had been hesitant to agree (just like Gina had been when he had asked her to meet his family), but eventually he agreed. Maybe they were taking things too fast; meeting each other's parents two months after getting together, but deep inside, they both knew that this was the right decision. They knew that this would last. They didn't know how long, but as long as they were together, they didn't care.

The flight was draining, but after seven or so hours, they finally landed at JFK. Going through customs was hell, like always, but once they were through, they got their bags and found Gina's father Edward who was already waiting for them to take them to the family's house.

The greeting was harm. Tight hugs were exchanged (even between Tom and Edward). Kisses on cheeks. And in the blink of an eye, Gina and Tom were in the back of the car. Ed (so he wanted to be called) drove and chatted vividly with the couple. Tom, though smiling and replying enthusiastically, showed his nervousness by grabbing Gina's hand in a tight grip.

Gina smiled at their intertwined hands.

✭✭✭

THE MEET-UP went well. While Gina's family didn't have an Easter tradition like Tom's did, her family loved spending time together. And their most preferred way was to share stories and update each other on their lives while preparing food together that they would later eat. Much to Gina's delight, Paella was on today's menu.

Gina and Tom explained how they met, though they left out some details, such as Tom basically destroying her life a couple years ago. It didn't seem important to the couple anymore. Gina had found a new passion and was successful at pursuing it. Tom was thriving as well, and as a couple... well, some would say that they were unstoppable.