8.

-

"Is it just me, or is anyone else finding this a bit creepy?" Randy questioned, glancing at everyone.

"It's just you." Tatum replied, sighing as her eyes scanned the trees. "Okay, how are we going to do this?" She questioned

"We split up and search." Billy spoke up, sharing a look with stu. "Stu and I will go together."

"I'll come with." Ben said, sending Billy a look.

Everyone paired up and started to search the woods for the cabin.

🥀

Gretchen stood up from the bed she was sitting on. The chain on her ankle clank, and she sighed before glancing around the room.

There was nothing she could use. She sighed, scratching the side of her head before her eyes widened as she took off the hairpin.

"I completely forgot about you." She whispered before grinning as she crouched down and picked locked the chain.

When she was younger, her parents would usually lock her in the closet, and she would usually pick it out because they forgot about her and her brother.

They always locked him in his room and hid the keys somewhere.

Gretchen had become an expert on picklocking.

"Yes!" She jumped up as the chain opened, and she rushed over to the door , it was unlocked.

She carefully opened the door and walked out, closing the door behind her. It was a small cabin, so she quickly found the front door.

As she was opening the front door, she heard footsteps behind her. "Gretchen?"

Gretchen pulled the front door open and bolted. "Gretchen!"

She didn't know where she was running to, but she needed to get away from Mr. Gilmore.

She needed to get back to her brother.

🥀

Ben followed after Billy and stu. He was just a few feet behind them. He was worried about Gretchen.

He couldn't lose her. There was no way in hell he was going to lose her.

She is his best friend. The only person that ever truly understood him. The only person who was brave enough to tell him off when he was pissed and said things he didn't mean.

She was his person. Losing her will mean losing himself. He didn't want that.

"Gretchen!" All three of them stopped, "Gretchen!"

Stu didn't waste any time running towards the voice calling for his sister.

"Shit, Stu, wait!" Billy ran after stu, and Ben ran after them.

Ben accidentally tripped over something, "shit!" He cursed, and he stood up before his brother and stu were gone.

Twigs snapping was heard before someone collided with ben with full force, making them fall.

"Ow." Ben eyes widened, "Gretchen!?"

"Ben!?" Gretchen sat up , not noticing that she was straddling Ben, but neither seemed to have been paying much attention to that.

Gretchen smiled, "Oh my god, ben!" She threw her arms around him, hugging him.

Ben instantly hugged her back. "Where's stu? Is my brother here?" Gretchen questioned, pulling back

"Yeah, he and Billy ran towards the voice that was calling for you, I tripped and lost them." Ben replied, now noticing that Gretchen was straddling him.

His cheeks turned red, and he was glad it was nighttime.

A scream echoed through the woods, and Gretchen stood up.

"Stu." She whispered before she took off towards the scream, and Ben quickly followed after her.

🥀

Mr. Gilmore was dead. Obviously, stu killed him, and all he has to do is find his sister.

"Stu!" Stu and Billy shared a look before Gretchen appeared and stu instantly went over to her, pulling her into a tight hug, and Gretchen tightly hugged him back.

"Thank God, you are okay." Stu said, tears sliding down his face.

Gretchen just cried into his chest, holding her brother tightly.

Ben stood beside Billy. There was a smile on each of the brother faces.

"You're smiling." Ben said, and Billy scoffed, "you are too, so shut up." Ben just chuckled.

🥀

Randy grinned as he looked around his friends. Gretchen and stu haven't let go of each other yet. Ben and James stood next to Gretchen.

Billy, who was standing next to stu, noticed Randy's grin. He narrowed his eyes at him,

"Why are you grinning like that?" Billy questioned, and Randy's grin turned into a smirk.

"No, don't even think about saying it, Randy." Tatum spoke up, and Randy raised his hands, chuckling.

"Say what?" Robin questioned, scooting closer to Billy. His body was radiating off heat, and she was a bit cold.

"That stupid catchphrase." Tatum replied, rolling her eyes.

"What catchphrase?" Randy devilishly grinned

"Well, gang looks like we just solved our first mystery."

Everyone groaned at him, "Dude!"

Randy laughed

🥀

Billy and stu glared at the two boys sleeping in Gretchen's bed. "He's my brother, but I'm gonna kill him." Billy said

"Come on, let them sleep. They deserve it." Robin told them.

Both boys hesitated before they walked out of Gretchen's room.

They walked downstairs , and stu yawned, rubbing his eyes as all the exhaustion started to hit him.

Billy sat on the couch, and stu went over, sitting down next to him and laying his head on his shoulder.

"Thank you." Stu whispered , his eyes slowly closing. Robin sat down next to stu. She wrapped a blanket around him.

"Love you guys." Stu mumbled.

Billy and Robin shared a look but didn't say anything.

🥀

Word Count - 899

Shorter chapter but hope you enjoy!