12. So distracting

"W-what are you doing?" I managed to stutter out to Noah after getting over my shock.

He leaned down to the level of my ear and whispered, "Don't worry, I'll take care of this weirdo now."

I frowned, "But I'm on a date with him,"

Noah schooled his features to look hurt and placed a hand to his heart, "That hurt right here."

My frown deepened. First of all, my mind was still reeling from everything and secondly, Noah was not helping anything by sitting so close to me with his arm around my shoulder.

It was conflicting.

Should I focus on Zane? Or should I focus on Noah? Or should I focus on the fact that Noah saw me? Or better yet fuck everything and focus on Noah's heavenly scent? Oh, let's not forget the arm around me!

So distracting!

"Oh that I am," Noah smirked, "sorry, baby, you are stuck with this distraction."

Huh?

Oh shit!

I made a horrified face, "Did I just-"

Noah nodded, still smirking, "Yes, you just said that out loud."

"Will you guys stop it already?" Zane bellowed, getting up from where he was pressed to the wall then, he looked down at Noah, "Dude! You're ruining our date!"

"You bet I am," Noah replied casually, stretching his long legs under the table.

Zane turned to me with a confused look on his face, "Chloe, can you ask him to leave?"

Uh-

"Why will my own soul mate ask me to leave for a weirdo?" Noah raised an eyebrow.

Zane gave him a look of disbelief, "Your soul mate? Are you missing some screw in your head? What kind of fictional shit is this?"

I wanted to tell Zane that no amount of argument was going to work with Noah but, couldn't find the words.

"Um, have you ever heard about werewolves?" Noah asked Zane.

Oh my god! Was this guy serious?

"What the hell?" Zane threw his hands up, "You think you're a werewolf? Which mental facility did you escape?"

Noah nodded solemnly, "I know this is hard to believe, Zaney boy, but... not only am I a werewolf but, Chloe here, is my mate," he finished, tilting his head in my direction.

His acting skills were so good that I almost believed him myself.

Zane looked like he wanted to pull his hair out; he gave us a frustrated look, then, started laughing like a maniac.

I felt bad for him and was about to help him but then, I remembered how he exposed me in front of Noah and moreover, left me to fall on my own.

"Hahahahahaha! Nice joke! So, you think this is some kind of fairy tale come true? Then tell me, where is my mate?" Zane glared at Noah.

Noah laughed, "I never said you were a werewolf. I was talking only about me and Chloe."

"Hey! Don't drag me into this!" I protested, "Also, I have a question."

Noah raised his eyebrow playfully, giving me a crooked smile, "Of course, baby, I love you. You don't have to ask."

"Oh god! That's not what I was asking, you annoying SOB!" I smacked his arm, "my question is, how the heck you know all about this werewolf stuff? As far as I am aware, boys usually don't read these."