edge of great - julie and the phantoms

https://pin.it/3oDJad8 ~ gracie's outfit

GRACIE'S FINGERS PLAYED ALONG the piano lightly, a soft smile on her daydreaming face. perfect harmony...

she knew she shouldn't have stayed up late to write the song, but in her defense, the blonde didn't expect to completely imagine the ghost taking over her performance.

she was cut off abruptly when flynn said, "there you are. we've been looking all over for you."

"yeah, why'd you run out of dance class so fast?" julie questioned, leaning against the piano as her and flynn met the blonde by it.

gracie sighed, "sorry, i didn't expect you guys to try and find me."

"are you kidding? you're stuck with us, no going back now." flynn reassured her, sitting down in a pulled up chair.

"what happened?" julie asked.

gracie smiled slightly before it fell, "i just needed some air. it was a little intense in there."

"oh, i noticed." flynn grinned.

julie chuckled, "yeah, well - dancing like that with the guy who you totally hooked up with last year will do that to you."

gracie pressed her lips together, "yeah. but the whole time we were dancing, i was thinking about luke." she pushed her hair behind her ear, wincing as she prepared for the harassment to follow.

"seriously?" flynn asked, leaning in, "first off," she backed up slightly with a proud smile, "called it. second," she came close again, "i know you seem to daydream and always want the craziest stuff, but luke is next level."

julie nodded with a pitying face, "yeah, i agree. and this is coming from the girl who always wants what she can't have."

gracie sighed again, "i know, it's a problem. and now i think dylan likes me - like actually likes me."

"he totally does." flynn grinned.

julie put a hand up, "if it makes you feel any better, i think nick maybe likes me?"

"oh, we've known this." gracie told her, "that boy is practically in love with you." julie looked away with a smile.

"hold up - don't deflect! this is about you and your problem." flynn stopped gracie from talking more about julie and nick.

gracie sighed even louder, "okay! but - okay, listen. me and luke just - clicked. and he's so -"

"not real," flynn cut her off, causing the smile to slip from her face, "you can make all the music you want with luke, but... he'll always be a phantom."

"just because he can't be seen by everyone doesn't mean he's not real," julie and flynn exchanged a look making the blonde frown, "you can't see love, can you?"

"no... but -"

"and you can't see music, either." the blonde stood up, beginning to pace, "you can't see relationships and bonds, you can't see emotions, you can't see the dead, but that doesn't disqualify their reality. luke's real, all of the boys are. and you're right, he is a phantom. but i don't believe that is a valid reason to prove that he's not there..." the girls had sad expressions.

gracie licked her lips, facing them, "the guys can't be touched by us, but they can touch our things. they can't be seen by everyone, but they can by us. they can be heard by everyone when they play, and they can be seen by everyone when they play with us. they might be dead, but they're the most alive dead guys out there. they all have real emotions and real thoughts and real lives. sure, me and luke can't happen. i know that, trust me, i do... but... he's the most realist guy i've ever met. he knows me better than i know myself after only a couple of weeks."