Ch. 11 ✨Sick Days & Some Jambalaya✨

*Y/N's POV*

What a great way to spend your first day off in a week...
In bed. Sick out of my wits.

It sucks! I usually don't get sick, but when I do, it's an absolute horrible feeling.
Literally, I'm hot all over, my throat hurts.

Yeah...full packaged.

I have all my blinds closed, head buried in my pillows and blankets, trying to think better then I feel, before I hear a slight swoosh in the air and the smell of spices fill the air.

Alastor.

"Hello Y/N!" he says happily, "I thought I would drop by and-"

He stops talking when I cough, pulling the blankets off my head and sitting up groggily to see him.
His eyes widen, as one hand raises to his chin.

"Oh dear, you don't look so well. Are you feeling alright?"

I give a thumbs down, not wanting to speak because it hurts my throat too much. 
He brings his hand to my forehead, his palm is a startling cold and I hiss from the sudden touch, but he doesn't care.

"Hmm, you do have a fever. That isn't too good."

He pulls his hand away, standing still for a moment, deep in thought.
He tends to go deep in thought a lot, doesn't he?

"What have you done to treat this?" he asks.

I shrug. "I took some aspirin few hours back for my head."

"Anything else?"

I shake my head.

"By word!" he exclaims, putting his hands on his hips like my mother would do whenever she went into lecture mode.
Which is EXACTLY what he is doing.

"You cannot heal yourself with just aspirin! You need medicine, tea with honey, actual nourishing foods! What did your parents teach you?!"

"All that," I groan, laying back down. "Keep your static down, it hurts my head. Also, what do you need to be here?"

"I needed nothing," he points out, before taking his coat off, placing it on my chair, revealing for the first time that all along, those black GLOVES I always assumed he was wearing...they aren't gloves. Those are his stained hands, fading to a normal skin color at his elbows.

He turns, and immediately, I see a red and white deer tail.
OH MY GOD I WAS RIGHT!
I gasp. "YOU DO HAVE A TAIL!"
I totally forgot for three seconds that I'm sick, and I pay for it from a wave of pain in my throat.

"Be quiet!" he snaps at me, "I did not take my coat off for you just to STARE at my tail!"

"But it's cute," I say in a cutesy voice, batting my eyes at him, only for him to glare at me in fury before going off into my kitchen, grumbling under his breath.

"What are you even doing?!" I shout, hearing him go through my cabinets and drawers, making a clattering noise of pots and pans and knives.