[ His Embrace ]

When you awoke, you felt a burning sensation course through your veins. To take a breath was incredibly hard and painful, and you clutched your chest as your body suffered. There was a pounding in your head, and you felt your eyes tearing up at the bursts of unbearable pain. Whatever was injected into your body was physically ruining you.

"Deep breathes. You're going to be okay." A lady with purple hair says, as she checks all your vitals to figure out what the problem was. You were in too much pain to even look at her properly, but when you focused all your energy into it. You were able to recognize her, as a detective member.

She was the rumored doctor. And perhaps even the girl from Mori's stories. However you got distracted, and your vision grew blurry as another burst of pain coursed through your body. 

"Dazai.." You call out, as the doctor's eyes widen in surprise at the familiar name. "He's right here." She says, waving Dazai, who was watching anxiously from afar, over towards you. His eyes drenched with a mixture of emotions. You couldn't tell if he was worried, afraid or angry.

"Take deep breathes." His familiar voice softly said, he moved towards you as you hold your hand out. Dazai's familiar bandaged hand, took your hand into his, and held your body closer to his. The moment he held you, the pain within your body dissolves and you were finally able to take a deep clear breath and able find peace within your racing mind.

Your hand was gripping onto the Dazai's coat desperately, as you place your head onto his chest. You avoid the sting of the tears from the after affects of the pain, the sensation of having 100 needles pricking you slowly disappeared. Dazai holds you close, his free hand which held your cheek moving to gently stroke your hair. "You're okay now. I got you."

Although all the pain within your body had dissolved, you could barely  feel the air reaching your lungs. Dazai noticed, and for a moment, you turn your head towards him to observe his expression. He seemed furious almost as if he was going to go commit a crime, however when he noticed you staring at him, in a way he was so familiar with, his face softened and he held back all his emotions.

He soothed your back with gentle rubs, and you feel yourself relax in his arms. Like you used to. You attempt to take deep breaths every now and then, but struggle to actually feel the air in your lungs, although being with Dazai was able to calm you down.

"The ability to create potions, or perhaps poisons." The doctor speaks up, when she noticed you were feeling much better. "It's an ability users work so no type of remedy we did would get rid of the liquid that was in your body. But since Dazai can nullify abilities, I assume his ability dissolved the liquid in your body." She says, as you nod your head.

"On top of that, the guild had used that poison on you since it was the only way to restrict your ability." The doctor continued you as slowly bow your head towards her in gratitude. You didn't have the energy to speak yet, but you were determined to sincerely thank her when you could.

You felt embarrassed to show your tear stained face to her. If you thought about it, she was an enemy and you, one of the Port Mafia's executives had just been vulnerable in front of her. But on the other hand you refused to show anyone your tear stained face. Anyone except Dazai. After all, all those years ago he had already seen everything.

You ignored your mulling thoughts and  continued to rest your head on his chest. Dazai stayed beside you, and comforted you, refusing to let go. And in all honesty you didn't mind. Being in his arms had made you feel like nothing could ever hurt you.

Eventually, your exhausted-ness caught up to you, and you feel your consciousness slipping in and out. It wasn't long before you fell back asleep but this time you were in little to no pain. Dazai gently places you back onto the bed, and places a blanket over your body. You still held on to his sleeve. He brushes the strands of hair away from your face and watches your peaceful but stable breathing.

Before leaving the room, he looked back. He was going to find that ability user and make sure they went through all the pain you did and more.

On the other side of town, at the lair of Port Mafia, a raging hotheaded Chuuya entered the control room. "Where the hell is that bastard." He angrily asked, as every single worker in the room was tasked with finding the ability user that had poisoned you. After all you were Port Mafia's precious princess, a princess that even Mori treasures. Chuuya watches the camera's that recorded the scene where you were poisoned and says: "I'm going to ruin that pyscho."

🖤🖤🖤