Chapter 6- Resolution

Paris is a world different from our own. Cafés line the streets and the scent of freshly baked bread and chocolate is constantly in the air. As much as we wanted to enjoy the city of love, we silently entered our gold lined hotel room. We could see the Eiffel Tower from our patio and our bellhop seemed so oblivious to the dark circles under our eyes.

"Okay. We should check in with Madame Miranda now." I said. Deep inside, I felt a pang of emptiness when my phone buzzed.

"Mom? Dad?" I asked as I picked it up, "Why are you calling me?"

"Honey hello. We wanted to check in about your mission." Boomed a deep voice from the other side of the line. Dad. Peter McColton.

"Claire Bear! How are you doing? I hear your in Paris!" Trilled my mom.

"Why do you care?"

"So how's is Derek Thorton?" My dad asked.

"How do you know? Why do you care? Why is the first time you've talked to me in seven years the time something bad is happening?!?" I shouted into the phone.

"Honey! We love you and we've been busy, there hasn't been anytime. We apologize."

"No. You don't love me. You've been busy for too long. And I've been meaning to ask.. WHO'S X?!?" I shrieked, my tears pouring down my face. So much has been urging them to come spilling over, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. "That's the thing, YOU DON'T CARE. YOU'VE NEVER CARED!"

I could hear the their terror through the phone. Something wrong.

"Don't speak to your parents like that. Who X is, is none of your business." My dad said hoarsely. I hung up immediately. I couldn't take it. I could feel the sympathetic looks from my team. I needed solitude. I needed it fast.

I hustled to the closet, keeping my eyes locked to the ground. I wrapped my arms around my legs and cried and cried. When my tears ducts dried out, I stumbled out and onto the bed.

"Guys. Can I call an urgent meeting?" There was no response but they huddled around me.

"I'm sorry. I need to stop breaking down and going off alone, we are a team." I admitted.

"Yes. That's right, none of us have been acting like a team recently unless we are put under an almost fatal circumstance." agreed Kelsey.

"Yeah. We should make a vow to work together as a team from now on." said Brooke.

"Hands in Disappearing Inc." Ordered Morgan, "I solemnly swear that from now on we will act and think like a team." We repeated it and shook hands. We were now more than just a team.