ABOUT THE AUTHOR

"As a 17-year-old writer, I found solace in sharing my story - a story of love, loss, and self-discovery.

Learning about my elder brother, who was born too soon and left us too quickly, sparked a deep connection within me. Though we never met, his memory became my guiding light.

Growing up without a father's love and attention, I often felt lost and alone. But in the embrace of my mother and sisters, I found a sense of belonging. As I navigated adolescence, I began to express myself in ways that felt true to me.

But with that came the cruel taunts of bullies, who tried to define me with a single word - 'gay'. Little did they know, their words only masked the pain of my own searching.

All I ever wanted was someone to hold my hand, to look me in the eye, and to say, 'You're not alone, your feelings are valid, and your true self is worthy of love.'

So, I wrote - pouring my heart, soul, and tears onto the page. I wrote to connect with my brother, to heal my own wounds, and to find the love I so desperately craved.

In my words, I found solace - a reminder that love knows no bounds, not even those of time and space. My brother may be gone, but his love lives on in me, and in the stories that bring us closer together."