Seven

As I pedal away from Mel's Music Shop, I feel a sense of purpose wash over me. I know that I'll face challenges, that I'll face doubters and naysayers. But I also know that I have the music, and I have Mel. And with that, I know I can overcome anything.

But as I approach my house, I see my parents waiting for me in the living room. They call out to me, but I ignore them, rushing past them and into my room. I slam the door shut behind me and lock it, feeling a wave of anger and frustration wash over me.

I head into the bathroom, feeling tears streaming down my face. I'm so overwhelmed, so lost. I feel like I'm drowning in my emotions. And then, in a moment of anger, I slam my fist into the mirror. It shatters, and I feel a sharp pain in my hand. I look down and see blood streaming from a cut on my palm.

I feel weak and dizzy, and I know I need help. But my mind is far away, still processing everything that's happened. 

I'm not even sure how my parents got into my room, but they're there, calling my name and trying to calm me down.

My dad checks my pulse and his face goes white. 

"We need to get her to the hospital, now," he says to my mom. 

I'm losing a lot of blood, and I can feel myself getting weaker by the minute.

As they rush me to the hospital, I'm not even sure what's happening. My mind is a blur, and I'm not even sure if I care. All I know is that I'm hurting, and I just want it to stop.

As they rush me to the hospital, I feel my vision blurring and my mind fogging over.

 I try to stay awake, but my body feels heavy and weak. I can feel myself slipping away, and I know I'm losing consciousness.

The next thing I know, I'm waking up in a hospital bed, surrounded by my parents and a team of doctors. They're all talking to me, but their voices are distant and muffled. I try to speak, but my voice is barely a whisper.

My parents tell me that I've been unconscious for two weeks. Two weeks! I can't believe it. I feel like I've been asleep for a lifetime.

As I slowly regain my strength, I realize that I'm not just physically weak, but emotionally numb as well. I feel like I'm stuck in a fog, unable to process my emotions or make sense of what's happening around me.

The doctors tell me that I've suffered a severe emotional trauma, and that it will take time to heal. They prescribe me medication and therapy, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to face my emotions yet.

All I know is that I feel lost and alone, and that I'm not sure if I'll ever find my way back to myself. 

"As I lay in the hospital bed, surrounded by the sterile smell of antiseptic and the faint beeping of machines, I can't help but wonder... 

will I ever be fine again?

 The thought hits me like a tidal wave, crashing against the fragile shores of my soul. I sob painfully, the tears ripping through my chest like a jagged knife. 

My mom holds me close, trying to comfort me, but I push her away.

 I don't want comfort. I want answers. I want to know why this happened to me.

 Why Paul had to leave. Why I'm left here, alone and broken.

And then, just as I'm starting to drift off to sleep, I hear a faint whisper in my ear. 'You'll never be fine again, Emma. 

Because you're not meant to be.' I jolt upright, my heart racing.

 Who said that? I look around the room, but there's no one there.

 The machines beep steadily, the fluorescent lights hum overhead. I'm alone. Or so I think..."

"Wow, just wow! This story has left me speechless and yearning for more! The whisper in Emma's ear has me on the edge of my seat - what does it mean?! #Emma #Mystery #Suspense"

Comment.....like and share🤧🤧🤧🤧