Till the fat lady sings

"You're having a real bad day, Robin." These words bounced around the insides of Robin's skull as he floated down the sewer. He hadn't been blown up in quite some time he remembered very clearly now why he hated it so much.

Robin floated down the sewer. Maybe he had been floating for miles, but he couldn't move an inch by himself. Robin thought about the other Titans, and he felt waves of guilt wash over him. He tried to sprt things out with the hive back at the pizza place, but there was nothing he could do. The leader of the Titans was beaten and broken.

The hive had read him like a book, and who knows what they were doing now.

Suddenly, a pair of lights shined on the walls of the sewer. "Hello!?" A voice called out, and the sound of water splashing to the rhythm of footsteps echoes towards Robin.

"Here..." Robin croaked. "I'm... here..." Robin couldn't raise his voice any louder it was stuck in this low barely audible rasp. The white lenses in his mask shrank when the two torch lights shined towards him his tired eyes adjusted, and he saw the source of the two lights.

(Y/N) blinked for a few moments, and the lights in his eyes turned off. "Hi Robin. Let's get you out of here." (Y/N) picked Robin out of the stinking water and laid him on the damp concrete. (Y/N) pulled an ampule that was strapped to the belt on his black shorts and snapped off the top of the glass ampule, and held it to Robin's mouth. "Drink this. You'll need it." Robin was unsure. He was still unsure on (Y/N)'s intentions with the Titans he initially tried to turn away. "Robin, if you don't drink this, your team is going to fall apart! Do you want that?" Robin took a moment before turning to the ampule and drinking the bitter liquid inside.

Robin was overcome with a sudden sense of warmth throughout his body it spread from his throat through to his muscles and deeper towards his damaged bones. Robin slowly sat up and suddenly felt an intense migraine. (Y/N) chuckled. "Sorry, it'll fix your bones, but it gives you one mighty headache."

"How did you-"

"Magic." (Y/N) shook the empty ampule. "Despite everything I can do, healing people isn't on the list."

"Can I?" Robin gestures towards the ampule. (Y/N) nods and hands it to him. "Where did you get this stuff?" Robin asked as he inspected the ampule and the neon green fluid inside.

"A few connections I've made over the years in the magic side of things, that little number came from a wizard friend of mine from England, he's about our age, I think."

"Uh-huh." Robin tosses the ampule back to (Y/N), who shrugs and puts it back on his belt to throw away later. "You'll need to give me that list of powers sometime." Robin says as he walks past (Y/N).

"Where are you going?" (Y/N) asked.

"You said my team was in troubl-" Robin stumbled, placing a gloved hand on the sewer wall to brace himself. (Y/N) dashed over to Robin at a blinding speed to help him walk.

"You're not exactly in a good state to be walking around right now, friend." (Y/N) put Robin's arm over his shoulder and, despite the considerable height difference, helped the leader of the Titans walk. 

"Couldn't you just use super speed?"

"No offence meant, Robin, but the whiplash could kill you."

"No speed force then?"

(Y/N) chuckles. "I'm afraid not."

"I've been wondering for a while. Where did you come from? I looked you up on the Watchtower database. There were only three mentions of something even remotely resembling you. And given who's in charge up there, I'm curious how you've been able to avoid detection for so long."