Enforcer

Moss navigates his way out of the Detroit airport and to the parking lot where his car has resided for the last couple of days. He purposely leaves his phone off the entire trip back to his apartment and doesn't turn it on until the next day.

Looking at his phone, which is lying facedown on his kitchen table next to his work laptop, he finally decides to turn it over and power it on so he can see the notifications on the screen. The battery is so low that his phone could turn off at any moment. He then notices that he has twelve missed calls and a shit ton of texts.

Procrastinating looking at Tye's messages, he instead clicks on a chain of texts from Eli.

elly-boy

why did you break up with tye

please call me

seriously dude tye is freaking out

call me asap bro im so serious

He notices that three of the twelve missed calls that he received are from Eli. It looks like he left a voicemail which Moss then goes to select with a shaky finger.

"Mo- what the fuck, dude," Eli sounds scared and is breathing heavily. There is discernible shouting in the background.

"A couple of us heard yelling coming from Shane's room. Tye and Shane got into it and Tye punched him in the face. Coach and the A's are in the room with them now, but I can still hear them going at it. Please call me back- this is getting out of control, man."

Eli let's out a sob, "I'm sorry I didn't say anything after you had us over for lunch. I swear I was going to congratulate you guys- I don't know what's gotten into Shane. I should've helped you out back there. Fuck, this is so fucked up. I love you, Mo- please call me back."

Moss' heart is racing and he doesn't know whether he should go through Tye's messages next or call Eli back. He ultimately decides that he needs to bite the bullet and see how Tye responded to his cowardly breakup text.

Tye>:) <3

I don't understand

MoMo please call me

Did I do something?

Is this because of what Shane said the other day?

Please don't do this

MoMo I need you to call me when you land

I'm going insane please call me back

I just need to know that you're okay

He sees that Tye was calling him in between the texts that he sporadically sent over a short period of time. Then he notices that both Lars and Addie also texted him

Captain Lars

Is everything alright?

I've gotten a couple of concerning texts and phone calls about Tye and Shane

I'm sure everyone is trying to reach out to you right now but please give me a call if you can

We're all very worried

Addie:D

I know for a fact that you wouldn't just randomly end things with Tye, let alone over text!

I'm sure there's a lot going through your mind right now but Will and I are very worried and want to make sure that you're okay.

Please give either of us a call when you can darling

Moss was trying to fix things, but he ended up making an even bigger mess than he had before. All of the people in his life that he cares about are anxiously trying to contact him.

He's definitely having a panic attack right now.

Pushing his phone away from him on the table, Moss bends over in his seat so his head is between his knees. He takes deep breaths trying to calm down, but he still feels like he's going to pass out.

Eventually, he hobbles over to his ratty, old couch and lays with his eyes closed.

He must've fallen asleep because, before he knows it, he's being awoken by knocking on the door. Looking through the peephole, he sees Eli standing at the door wringing his hands. As he moves to knock again Moss catches a glimpse of his dejected-looking ex-boyfriend behind him.