9. Failed proposals

𝕀𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕦𝕣

The streets of Hastinapur were silent. No one would work today, they all lamented the loss of the great family of Swargiy Maharaj Pandu. In one flicker of fire, they lost their Yuvraj, their carinng Raajkumars as well as their raajkumari, the only one who could have saved them from a cruel life in the kingdom. For the common people, it felt, as if someone had stolen their freedom. They had seen how blind their current deputy King Dhritarashtr was in his putr moh, and knew that their lives were doomed if his son came into power. So as Mahamahim Bheeshm walked thought the main road and gates of the city, open hair, no crown to adorn his head, tear streaks under his eyes, and the most horrifying truth in his hands, the weapons of the warriors, the people had began to lose hope in life.

In the palace, when announced, everyone expressed their grief in one way or the other. While the women of the palace lamented their loss by crying so loudly, that their sorrow could be experienced by a traveller passing through the city, the men were crying silently, consoling their wives and children. Dhritarashtr sat on the step of his throne, apologizing to his brother Pandu that he was unable to protect his family, while Mahamantri Vidur was shocked. He expected the family to escape and come back to the palace. He was sure they were alive, but where?

Saavdhaan. Vajii has sent a message with their royal guard!

𝕀𝕟 𝕍𝕒𝕛𝕛𝕚

"MATA! MATA! " The crown prince called.

" What happened putr? Why are you crying? " His mother, Maharani Nalini asked, rushing into the room.

" Mata! I dreamt that Kumari Karunika was burnt by flames , so humongous and tall, that they could wipe out a forest. Mata, I hope I can see her soon. Please ask pitashree to send a marriage proposal to Hastinapur soon. Her prem patr has only strengthened my feelings, for her. She is waiting for me, as am I. " The Yuvraj said, his panic rising.
Ever since he had read the letter, his mind was anxious to reach Hastinapur as soon as possible. However, before this nightmare came to reality, he wanted to see her. As soon as possible.

" Avashy putr. "

' In the dark of the nights, when I am unable to sleep, your words are what help me enter the world of dreams, where I imagine us, together as one soul. If your wish is to marry me, then I will agree, otherwise, spend my whole life earning that right.' He thought. Opening the letter again.

𝕀𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕦𝕣

𝕀𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕦𝕣

" Vajji has sent a message? We have not conversed with them in a very long time. "  Mahamahim Bheeshm wondered.

"I'll see what it is Mahamahim. "  Mahamantri Vidur said, mentally analysing, if any trade route had been hampered between the two kingdoms.

Vidur read the letter, and with tears in his eyes, looked up at the maharaj and said.