The circus - 2

25 years have gone by since I last saw my old friend, Stolas. Blitzo and I started our own business about a year and half ago. The business was originally about getting clients and killing the demons they wanted revenge on, but soon ended up being the same just revenge on humans. Most of the clients were sinners who just got to hell and somehow found out about the small business. Either they found out from a pub or that stupid commercial Blitzo made with everyone's wages. Eventually I forgave him, only because the jingle was catchy.

The business was going alright up until Blitzo accidentally smashed the bloody crystal and now we have no way to the human world. Oh and Blitzo goes by Blitzo now, the O is silent.

◇◆◇◆◇◆

"Ugh!" Blitzo groaned, sinking into his couch.

I looked towards him, rolling my eyes.

"You're the one who threw the crystal." I retorted going back to whatever I was doing.

"Yes, however, you were supposed to catch it!"

"Should've thrown it better!"

"Shut the fuck up!" The voice of Loona, Blitzo's daughter, by paper, shouted from her room.

The room went silent. Blitzo was looking down at his hands, thinking about Satan knows what. I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked moving to sit next to him.

"The book." He replied narrowing his eyes.

"The book? What book?"

"Stolas." Blitzo looked at me a determined expression on his face.

"Wait... The book?"

Blitzo nodded now looking at the tv, which was turned off.

"We haven't seen him in over two decades. How exactly are we supposed to get the book? If that's what you're implying." I said looking down at my phone. A text popped up.

Moxxie? What does he want?  I thought, picking the phone up and opening the message.

"You busy? Millie and I want to go out and want someone to watch over the cat."

I looked at the message. Sighing, I moved my thumbs to answer back.

"Not at the moment, no."

I pressed the send button and placed the phone in my pocket.

"You listening?" I heard Blitzo asked. He placed his hand on my thigh. Strange.

"Um.. No. What were you saying?" I replied trying to ignore the warm feeling in my cheeks.

Blitzo glared at me, removing his hand and groaning.

"Why does no one listen? I was talking about us getting the book! You know so we can continue our jobs! So we don't go broke!"

"Alright, alright. Don't get your knickers in a twist." I rolled my eyes, he looked at me confused.

"Whatever. The main thing is to get the book no matter what we have to do." He picked up a beer can and took a sip.

My phone buzzed and I got it out my pocket, looking at it.

"Can you come over in half an hour?"

I looked at the text from Moxxie.

"When are you planning on doing it?" I asked looking at Blitzo. He side eyed me, his mouth still on the beer can.

"Um.. Like now." He replied moving the can away from his mouth.

"Well, I'm not sure I can."

"And why's that?" He raised an eyebrow, looking down at my phone. "Got a boyfriend? Girlfriend?" His tone seemed jealous but who knows with Blitzo.