Chapter 16

As Kim Rok Soo's consciousness slowly returned, he felt a throbbing ache radiating from the back of his head. Blinking groggily, he struggled to make sense of his surroundings, his mind still shrouded in a fog of confusion.

"Where... where am I?" he muttered, his voice hoarse and raspy.

The dim torchlight flickered overhead, casting eerie shadows across the cold stone walls of the dungeon. The air was thick with the musty scent of damp stone, and the sound of distant echoes reverberated off the walls of the dungeon. Slowly, he became aware of the cold metal pressing against his wrists and ankles, the sensation of shackles binding him to the cold, unforgiving floor.

Rok Soo's heart sank as he realized the gravity of his situation. 

His head pounded with each heartbeat, a dull ache that echoed the pain of his recent defeat at the hands of White Star. The memory of their brutal confrontation flashed through his mind; the searing pain of White Star's final blow still fresh in his memory.

"Damn it," Rok Soo cursed under his breath, gritting his teeth against the surge of frustration and anger welling up inside him. He had underestimated his opponent, and now he was paying the price.

Despite his dire circumstances, he knew that he couldn't afford to succumb to despair. He had to find a way to escape. Pushing himself upright, Rok Soo took stock of his surroundings, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dim light filtering in from a lone torch mounted on the wall. The dungeon was eerily silent, save for the faint drip of water echoing in the distance. It was clear that he was alone, at least for the time being.

With a grunt of effort, Rok Soo tested the strength of his shackles, but they held fast, refusing to yield to his struggles mocking his feeble attempts at escape. He needed a plan, a way to break free from his chains and reclaim his freedom.

As he pondered his next move, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the dungeon, drawing Rok Soo's attention. His pulse quickened with a mixture of anticipation and dread as a figure emerged from the shadows, their features obscured by the dim torchlight.

"Who's there?" Rok Soo called out, his voice echoing off the damp stone walls.

" Try to recognize." A deep voice echoed in the huge empty space. The figure emerged from the shadows, and as the torchlight flickered.

" White Star."

"Ah, so you do remember me," White Star's tone was tinged with amusement as he stepped closer, his gaze piercing through the dimness of the dungeon.

Rok Soo clenched his jaw, his hands instinctively curling into fists as he struggled to maintain his composure. He knew better than to underestimate White Star, especially in his current vulnerable state- him being shackled, system not responding etc.

"What do you want?" Rok Soo demanded, his voice edged with defiance.

"I want to talk about the rings of life."

Rok Soo's brow furrowed in confusion at the mention of the rings.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Rok Soo retorted, his voice laced with skepticism. "And even if I did, why should I tell you?"

"Because we both possess them, every living being does. A demon Lord like you should have known about this."

"I told you, I don't know anything about these rings," Rok Soo insisted, his voice firm and resolute.

" Oh really? You know Kim Rok Soo if i wanted to, i would have tortured you and had gotten my answers easily. But i refrain from doing so. You know why." rok soo gulped at white star's words.

" Because you are useful, a pawn that i can still use."

' Motherfucker' rok soo cursed white star, his eyes burning with anger.

" Now tell me Demon Lord Kim Rok Soo, why do we both share the same rings of life."

Rok Soo's voice dripped with disdain as he addressed White Star, his eyes flashing with defiance. "How would I know?! I don't even know what these rings are, you bastard," he spat, his tone laced with venom.

White Star's expression darkened at Rok Soo's outburst, his patience wearing thin. "Do not play coy with me, demon lord," he growled, his voice low and dangerous. "I know you possess knowledge of the rings, just as I do. Now tell me why we both share them."

Rok Soo's mind raced as he scrambled to come up with an excuse, any excuse, to deflect White Star's suspicions. He knew that he couldn't afford to reveal the truth - that he was just as clueless about the rings as White Star was.

" You know demon lord, one might possess the face but not the rings." Rok soo's eyes widened seeing white star, who have removed his mask.

" But it seems we might be an exception. How."

" Pardon."

" Why-how... why do have my face?" rok soo muttered, and now it was white star's time to be confused.

" What do you mean 'why?' I summoned you that's why we have the same features, mostly."

" No! It can't- I was born like this!" 

"... what." silence once again filled the dungeon, both rok soo and white star stared at each other, shocked and puzzled.

" Hahahaha"

" Right. This must be other of your scheme's you demon!"

' No, No, no no no no. My slacker life' rok soo couldn't hear the shouts, he couldn't focus on anything, his mind was a mess- thinking of ways to get out, to escape, to find the truth. Then suddenly all of it stopped. Kim rok soo used his ability to transform his worn-out clothes into tentacles and wrapped them around white star's mouth.

" We have to go."

"?"

" To the Henituse Territory."