Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Next Step

Next-day
Narrator's POV

Their Coven, The one Alistair had decided to call 'The Celestial Coven' either that or they'd call themselves the Golden Pack, Since Alistair's last name was Goldling, It was his pack, His Coven, His pride as an Alpha wouldn't let him just join the Cullen Coven, No one had anything to say about it, They didn't mind, They silently took joy in the fact that they belonged to him at this point, Alice with the ability to see the future beamed a lot after he created his own Coven Even if they still couldn't penetrate that shield around his heart

They stayed up all night, None of them needed sleep, From playing games, Up until the point Alistair declared Linda was part of the family, Then he removed the wolf venom from its resting place close to her heart, After studying them in secret, He realized the venom was somewhat useless, It wouldn't kill them since they didn't need their hearts, unlike Vampires from his world, Meaning she either stayed with them because of the pain she'd feel if she left, The Compulsion or by choice.

Then again, The way he compelled her, She didn't have a choice.

He also gave her back the will to use her abilities again, He knew she would find a way to undo the compulsion, But he didn't mind since he wanted her to be free, If she tried to do anything nasty, He had countermeasures for that, Even know, She could no longer remember Alistair's memory with certainty.

But he didn't address the issue with her growing affection, They were immortal, He was a millennia-old being she was a century old, He believed her little crush would fade as she got older.

He chose to ignore the fact that she had his memories playing in her head over and over while she tried not to forget, She knew just the way to get in that cold heart of his.

Then again she had seemed to forget that the Alistair from his memories was nothing like the Alistair from now.

________

Their day didn't end and it stretched on till the next day, None of them got the chance to sleep through the night, not as if it made a difference, At least, Not until Alistair decided to cast a slumber spell making all of them rest peacefully.

'Urgh, What am I going to do?'

For a split second, His golden eyes turned silver while the other turned blue, With a bit of his hair turning white.

Emma and Emily suffered similar conditions but they weren't conscious to note.

*Deep inhales*

Alistair took a deep breath in, when he relaxed, his hair had gone back to its black hue his eyes went back to normal.

'We're the same fucking person, Why am I rejecting this part of me?'

A long sigh escaped his lips, He hated his current situation, It wasn't something he could kill or change with magic, It was more of a spiritual journey, The last spiritual journey he had made him shave his head and chant Ohm for a decade till he snapped and got violent learning and mastering every martial arts and Profession out there.

His thoughts quickly turned animated, He had abnormal scenarios playing in his head and absurd solutions.

'Should I try turning off my-'

Even while Asleep, Emily pulled him into her embrace, Smiling contently, shaking Alistair out of his current mood.

'At least I don't have to walk that path Alone anymore.'

______________________

School

The students had gotten used to seeing Alistair, Emma and Alice together but they still stared in surprise, envy and lust and time they pulled into the parking lot with different latest cars and matching clothes.