Chapter 24

〔Nurse's Office〕

Shoji let out a small groan as he  sat up, wincing as he felt his injuries. He then looked down and saw that he was almost covered in bandages, mainly his hands and stomach, but covered none the less. He then looked around, noticing the familiar pink curtains of the anime's recovery room, referred to by regular people as a nurse's office.

Just then, the curtain to the are was in was pulled aside, revealing a nurse that was mildly surprised. It was Nurse Jackeline, a tired nurse that was well known in the anime for healing everyone that got hurt during the school arc, and for also playing a role in the great war between the cult and the nation. 

Jackline: "Well good morning," she said, letting out a small yawn, "I didn't expect you to be away so soon, but I guess that's what the prince's special friend is capable of." she said before she drank from a can she held and sat down in her rolling chair, "You were pretty beat up, but it wasn't anything life threatening, so I'll just assume that you were fighting against some monster or something before getting dragged here for help."

Shoji: "Wh-What?" he a said, moving his legs off the of the bed, "N-no.. that's not what happened." he said. 

Jackeline: "Well, that's what the prince told me to think," she urged, "So I'll just write if off as that."

Shoji: "Um.. okay." he said before letting out another groan, "What time is it?" 

Jackeline: "It's been about.. 3 days." she said, writing on a piece of paper before rolling herself over to a medicine cabinet. 

Shoji: "Wh-What!?" he said, shocked, "H-How? It wasn't that hard of a fight." 

Jackeline: "Well, it was a mixture of physical and mental exhaustion." she said, "You weren't necessarily hurt that badly, but considering your age I don't think your able to handle a 'small army' , as the prince put it, with out any side effects."

Shoji: "Um.. okay," he said before letting out a sigh. 

Jackeline: "Yep, now head to class." she said before rolling back over and giving him a pill bottle, "Take these at least once a day, it'll help with the wounds, and exhaustion." 

Shoji: "H-huh, What do you mean, isn't it still resignation week?" he asked. 

Jackeline: "It was cut short because we got some more workers from the king," she said, "It was quickly handled from there and by the next day everyone was enrolled." she explained, "So you've missed about one day of classes. It's still first period, which is combat for you, so hurry up and begin your studies." 

Shoji then let out a sigh before he stood up, shacking off some of the fatigue before walking to the exit. 

Shoji: "Thank you," he said before he closed it behind him.

Jackeline the let out a sigh, visibly relaxing as she laid back in her chair. She had fulfilled the request of the prince with ample time remaining, and she didn't get killed by the prince's maniac friend. It was a win-win in her book.

〔Battle Class: 1st Period〕

Shoji groaned as he finally made it to the combat classroom. It was inside, unexpectedly, so it took him a second to find the class. The doors though made it obvious what the class was, swords, wands, and spells covered the door in attractive patterns that almost drew him in before he remember that he was late to the class. 

The then pushed open the doors, trying to be quiet about it before the weight of the door pushed against him. 

Shoji: "The fuck." he muttered before he pushed on the door a little more, it barely budging before he let out another groan and decided to use a little more force. He then back up a bit before bracing himself and palming the door. Unexpectantly, it suddenly weighing nothing before the doors came flying forward, opening broadly before slamming into the walls.