Evan's Anger

Aura:

We returned to the hotel room and Evan was in deep thinking without talking to me.

"Evan, are you okay?"

"It's me who should ask that question to you," Evan said, sounding angry.

"What happened to you? Why are you serious?" I said.

"Don't you know the reason? You know well that I hate lies. But still you did that today," Evan said, getting up from the sofa and coming near to me. I was scared of Evan as I know the level of his anger. He gets angry at me very rarely but once he becomes angry, I really can't cool him.

"Aura, I know well that you didn't heard the story of that princess anywhere. I also know you are least interested in such stories. Now tell me the truth. How did you know about Sahasra and Veekshith?" Evan said.

"What are you hiding from me, Aura? I noticed you going somewhere in the midnight. You are behaving differently from the day we came to India. This is not my Aura whom I know all these years."

"Evan," I said with tears.

"Aura, please don’t cry. I can't see your tears," Evan said, wiping away my tears.

"I am worried for you, sweetheart. Tell me what's bothering you. Let's sort it out together."

"I don't know. I really don't know," I said while my eyes welled up with this confusion. Evan hugged me.

"Okay. We will do one thing. Everything started from the day we arrived India. So it's better that you go back to your parents. I will finish my shooting and will return to you," Evan said.

"But I can't be without seeing you."

"I know that, Aura but I can't give this stress to you anymore. Please listen to me," Evan said and I finally agreed as I am also confusion with everything.

Evan booked my flight ticket. As we had the flight at midnight, we started to the airport after our dinner. I held his hand, leant on his shoulder, sitting somewhere outside the airport as there was time for the flight arrival.

Suddenly, the weather changed and the sky thundered indicating the heavy rain. Within an hour, we got the information that all the flights were canceled due to the weather. It started pouring heavily along with lightening and thunder. Somehow Evan managed to bring me back to the room.

"I don't understand what's happening here."

Evan sighed and I looked at the garden through the window. I saw that mysterious man again and I was about to rush but Evan held my hand.

"Aura, where were you leaving? It's a thunderstorm and better to stay in the room until that ends."

"I...."

"Are you alright?"

I nodded.

Evan hugged me to caress my hair.

"It's okay. Don’t get afraid. Relax and be calm."

How could I tell him that my heart is beating faster than the thunder outside the room? I couldn't relax until I find answers to my questions. This India has something linked to my life that's making me perplexed.

I was never this disturbed and confused. Everything here including the mysterious man, that priest, temple, mirror, idol of Goddess, this weather is trying to tell me something. In the past, my heart yearned for Evan and his proximity but now something changed in me. I couldn’t feel peace in his arms. Instead, I feel some kind of uneasiness. And now I wanted to see that stranger whom I met in the airport that day. How could I share this with Evan? What would he think of me?

"Aura, come and sleep. Don’t go outside until the weather comes back to normal."

I nodded and slept on the bed but even my dreams are of that man I met in the airport. Who's he? How to know about him? Why is he not leaving from my thoughts?

Evan tried to embrace me into his hug but I stopped him as I couldn’t feel that comfortable as before. Evan always tries his best to keep me comfortable, so he left the hold giving me space.

In the morning, leaving a text to Evan, I went to the temple we visited the last day. For the first time, I started to believe that there's some force that drives us other than our thinking. Coming to India is not my plan. The way I behaved after coming here is new even to me. Yesterday I planned to leave India but I couldn’t as if someone wanted to stop me.

I joined my hands before the Goddess.

"I never believed in you but now everything is confusing me. If you are true, clear my confusion. Set me free from this mystery."

I went outside the temple to leave and a girl aged six years came to me. Her smile is divine and she looked so calm and serene. Her red coloured dress with yellow border and big glowing eyes caught my attention.

"Baby, who are you? Did you come alone here?" I said, searching for her parents.

"Baby, did you miss the way? Speak something," I enquired, cradling her in my arms.

"I never let people miss their way. How could I miss my way?" Baby said, startling me.

"If you want to clear your confusion, come with me. But you should walk down the lane of pain, bitterness, betrayal and a lot more. And once you do that, there's no come back," the baby said with her unwavered smile.

"In life, when you were struck at a point having no way and calls me, I will be there to hold your hand helping you to cross that path and walk into a new world but the walk with me is not easy. Sometimes it's filled with tears, at times with loneliness, and other times deep pain caused by betrayal or failure. But as I am holding your hand, I won't leave you until you cross everything and attains peace and happiness.

But on the way, if you choose to leave my hand and choose the way that's less complicated influenced by others, after a certain point, you would again face the pain, betrayal and what not but alone without me. And then, I can't assure you happiness or peace."

"I am ready to walk with you," I said though I didn't understand her words completely at that point. But that answer changed my future forever shattering everything I built until now.

Hi readers, how is this episode? Please do read the first chapter as it was rewritten to make story more interesting.