.12

POV~Zulu

I cuddle her and sing her lullabies as she falls asleep on my lap. I take her to bed. You must want to know where I got her apartment keys. I have asked my engineer to make me a spare key.

I hope she won't find out. I close and lock her door. I drive to my place to rest. It's been a long day, but my woman made it wondering to me.

I am woken up by a phone call from Nkanyiso reminding me that today is the day. Yes, today is the day where we strengthen our souls with Bab Dlamini. In 3 days, we will be doing a strong heist.

We are talking about a big shipping to Russia. The dangerous country, every time when we ship to this county, we strengthen our souls because we meet with other Mafias from other countries trying to take the diamonds and drugs from us.

It is like everybody will be doing heist, but it is our responsibility for the shipment to reach Russia with nothing short or missing. Blood will be shed, lives will be lost, and sorrows sorrows prayers. I don't take all credit to this line

I take a long shower and wear Black Nike track suits. Mind you, we are not supposed to eat anything. I call my lady of course.

On a phone call

"Hello," her tiny voice beams through the phone. "My heart. I am going to be off for a while. I am taking a trip, work related." She keeps quite for a moment, I am sad we should be enjoying this day together.

"I am going to miss you, Mageba." She is sulking, my woman madoda. Hearing her calling me Mageba just makes me feel so manly. "Aii suka Madoda, I should just call my uncles right away." I say making her laugh.

"Nkanyiso will kill you. Try him, you will see. He said the person to marry me should bring  rhinos." That's all brother's style. "Don't worry, wena baby, I will bring rhinos and big elephants. You deserve more than that, sweetheart. I should just buy the world... "

She laughs, interrupting me. Her laughs are music I want to hear everyday.
"And evacuate all my enemies and those against us wena baby." She says cheering me on. "Exactly sthandwa Sam, ngiyakuthanda yezwa (my love,i love you). Bye, my living heart."

"lenna ka go rata Zulu, o lerato la pelo yaka." I hang up. She means she loves me too, and I am the love of her heart. If I am not mistaken, I learned different languages, so hearing her using her native language to tell me she loves me.

It really proves that my heart is in safe hands. I take my leave and make sure everything is in place. I start my car and off I go, playing my soul food songs. This place is so dusty, it is like it has been abandoned.

"Mkhulu," I greet him as I find him in his hut, which looks clean, surprising much hey. "Yes, Son, you look happy. I am happy you finally got your life in order and accepted fate." Fate? "What fate Mkhulu?"

I ask him, curious. I really need to know. "Go find your peers at the back they have been waiting for you." He is dismissing me. I know it is his style. I know I won't get through him.

I find my niggas whom I refer as brothers at the back chilling and drinking a black brown looking liquid. "Don't look at it like that, son, else it won't work for you, and you know if the ritual fails, then we are dead right."

Nkanyiso's dad warns me. "What is that, Dad?" I ask him, not sure if I want to know. "If I tell you Zulu, I might as well be killing you because you won't drink after that." He passes me and I drink, this is bitter no wonder everyone is wearing a sour face and moody.