4. Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is an American comedy-drama series created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. The show follows single mother Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her daughter, also named Lorelai - who prefers to go by Rory - (Bledel), living in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut.  [Source: Gilmore Girls Wiki]

****
FFAEK: it needs only one word to set Emily off into an hour-long monologue. The word is Jess.

*****

Chapter Four: Gilmore Girls

Nathan leaned towards me and said, “Is it working?”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course, it's not. I am already charmed by someone else.”

Nathan shook his head at me like I was hopeless. He took a few steps forward and turned around.

“To be honest,” he turned and shoved his hands in his pockets, “I don't even need to charm you, do I?”

He said with a cocky smile.

I crossed my arms, “Whatever gave you that idea?”

His smile only stretched as he came towards me, leaning down to meet my eyes, “You'd know, wouldn't you?”

I shook my head, “I don't know what you're talking about.”

He straightened, “Sure, you don't.”

We stared in silence, sizing each other up. It felt like a battle of wits.

It definitely wasn't a battle of wits because he was an idiot.

An idiot who asked, “Guess you're not gonna take a ride from me?”

I raised an eyebrow.

“Well then.”

I saw it. I saw his large hand come down. My eyes widened while I thought of every possible reason why he would be making this movement. His hand made contact with the top of my head. I almost gasped.

He smiled and ruffled my hair.

Ruffled.

My.

Hair.

What the actual hell.

As he walked away, he turned back a little to add, “See you later, Kingsley. Try to stay alive.”

I stared at his back and saw his shoulders shake as he strode away, because he was probably laughing himself to hell.

I blinked quite a few times as my heartbeat slowly returned to normal. I cleared my throat, ran my fingers through my hair, trying to fix it.

It was time to go home.

****

I walked home on foot, the whole time cursing the fact that I didn't learn how to drive.

Well, if my beloved father were present, maybe he would have been the one to teach me to drive. What a good thing he wasn't, that I was able to take on this extra exercise, which was preferably better for my little tummy.

I honestly couldn't care less.

As I reached home, I took out my phone and texted TJ.

Emily: Guess what happened today

TJ: wot

Emily: Nathan Callahan ruffled my hair and talked smut with me

TJ: wait