Chapter 6: Master?

The golden misty tentacles arise slowly seeping toward the room and going through each corner and object touching them, although their color remains golden

The golden misty tentacles arise slowly seeping toward the room and going through each corner and object touching them, although their color remains golden. I tilt my head while the magic examines all the other objects.

Maybe I am worrying about nothing.

But it looks like I speak soon because the next second the gold mist around the wardrobe turns misty grey, making me sigh, as I walk toward the wardrobe opening it.

It was mostly empty except for some crystal glass bottles--probably potions, my hand traces the purple cork of one of them before holding the bottle, holding it near eye level. 

At that moment a knock resonates around the room as I turn around, holding the bottle in my left hand. 

"Come in," I say briefly looking outside the window. 

The door opens smoothly, as a girl near my age or probably younger walks in, her brown locks are tied in a tight bun leaving some strands that frame her face. While she is clad in a navy blue-typical maid dress. "Greetings, your grace. I am Daphne and I will be helping you as your personal maid," she says, bowing in greeting.

"More like a spy to monitor my moves," I say under my breath drumming my finger at my leg. 

"Your grace... I have pledged loyalty to you before adhering to your service. I shall not tell anyone any information that you do not want to discreet." she utters making me raise an eyebrow. 

Is there really a need to lie?

I walk toward her, "You know Daphne, I despise lies from the bottom of my heart- but you know what I despise more than that?" I ask towering over her while she holds her gaze down, "People who lie to gain trust." 

"You should not lie; you are a maid under the Northern Kingdom. And your loyalty lies here." I say taking some steps back. 

"I was not lying, your grace," she says in a low tone while looking at the ground. 

"Were you not? Then tell me if I ever ask for something that might led to a problem in Northern Kingdom-" I tilt my head "-where will your loyalty lie then?" 

Silence as expected.

"You don't have to answer but think it through." saying this I turn around, "And-" I raise the small purple crystal, which was adorned atop the cork, which is now broken in two emitting purple light glow from the broken pieces, "-tell whoever prepared this room they should up their tactics, if they want to spy."

"You can leave, inform me before dinner."