Chapter: 22

N A T A L I A

It had been two days since I was introduced to the pack, and meanwhile, I felt truly integrated into their community, I couldn't help the uneasy feeling that radiated through me.

After discovering Callum with the blonde, I chose not to confront him immediately and gave him the chance to come clean on his own.

Except, two days had already passed, and he showed no inclination to explain himself. It angered both my wolf and me.

Feeling tense and unsettled, I kept our interactions superficial whenever he attempted to engage in conversation.

We hadn't engaged in mating either, with me using the excuse of exhaustion each time. Callum realized something was wrong, he had questioned me a couple of times.

This morning, he left for training with hesitation, sensing something was definitely amiss.

Despite his attempt to bid me farewell with a kiss on the head, I continued to remain silent.

Now, at the training grounds, I watched the fighters from a distance, intrigued by their methods. Since I had time to waste, I decided to observe the pack's training.

Unlike the spell casting I was accustomed to as a witch, wolves relied solely on their physical powers, making them formidable opponents, devoid of spells.

I observed as even the pups in the pack engaged in combat alongside the older wolves, proving their strength early on.

My admiration was interrupted when I noticed Callum's stern expression directed my way.

Instead of waiting for him to speak, I hurriedly departed, opting to explore the pack territory instead.

With the pack now aware of my existence, I felt it was essential to acquaint myself with the land.

Additionally, it offered a chance for my wolf to unwind after the recent turmoil, having been deprived of a shift for an extended period.

The landscape of the territory was breathtaking, with vast expanses of forest providing ample space for the wolves to roam freely.

I sensed Callum trying to enter my mind, but I blocked him, needing space to calm both myself and my wolf.

The situation with the blonde left me conflicted. I couldn't determine if there was still something between them or not.

Regardless, I found it disrespectful that despite her blunt advances, Callum was willing to entertain her.

While I was established within the pack and my wolf exuded authority, I couldn't shake the unease of having the pack members notice their Alpha entertaining a wolf other than their Luna.

As if summoned by my thoughts, the familiar blonde emerged into my view, igniting a snarl from my wolf.

By the pack's lake, I spotted her stepping out of the water in her human form, clad in a yellow bikini, her slender physique and long legs catching my attention.