the lakes

im sitting on my phone at like 3 am  when I hear a guitar

im sitting on my phone at like 3 am  when I hear a guitar. It's been 3 weeks into the pandemic and everyone is slowly losing their mind. taylor, however, has been spending more time in the living room with a guitar in her arms or by the piano. I get up and walk to the living room. I see taylor with her guitar in her hand and the notes app of her phone open. she doesn't notice me until i sit down next to her.

"oh hi, i'm sorry, did i wake you up?" she asks and i shake my head.

"i've been awake this whole time."

"really?! what were you doing?" she asks.

"uhhh, i was scrolling on my phone. you know.." i tell her and she smirks.

"i most certainly do know. you were watching edits of me weren't you?" she says with a smug grin.

"i'm not going to answer that-"

"you were! oh my god you're obsessed with me," she runs her hands through my hair.

"who isn't?" i smile at her and she kisses me. "working on a song?"

"yeah. it's called, i don't know what its called yet but im leaning towards the lakes or take me to the lakes." she tells me.

"ooo can i hear?"

"sure." she blushes a little before strumming her guitar. "no clue about the first verse but the chorus is something like, take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die, i don't belong. and my beloved neither do you. those windemere peaks look like a perfect place to cry im setting off, but not without my muse. no not without you"

"that's beautiful, oh my god. wow." i stare admiringly at her. she never fails to amaze me. "you're amazing. you're so...oh how could i explain?"

she scrunches her nose and i take her face in my hands and kiss her. she moves her guitar out of the way and grips my waist, making it so she's sort of holding me bridal style. we kiss and i run my fingers in her blonde hair but i can't help but laugh when my finger gets caught in s tangle. taylor catches on and starts laughing too.

"i mean what did you expect its like 3 in the morning. obviously my hair is gonna be knotted and tangled im not perfect," she smiles,  throws her head back and laughs.

"mm, you're perfect to me." i say and kiss her.

"i love you i love you," she says against my lips. i giggle and kiss her back. "come on lets get to bed."

she stands up and carries me to our room, and lays me down gently on our bed. she kisses my forehead after.

"oh c'mere, you," i say and pull her to the bed. she falls on top of me in a fit of laughter. using her arms as support, she leans down and kisses me and then lays on her side.

once we're situated she just stares at me. she does it a lot, i've noticed. i dont mind though, not one bit. i stare right back, taking one strand of her golden hair and twirling it in my finger. taylor's almost sound alseep when i hear her mumble, "i love you, y/n." and then curls up against my chest.