Chapter 11

Onyx's POV
We heard someone blow a whistle.

"Alright! Everyone get in your lines!"

Me and Ava stood up. We walked over to our line and sat down. Ava's at the front of our line. Our PE teacher started through attendance.

"Tanner Kellan?"

Who?

One of the gym door's opened and a boy walked in.

"Late on your first day? That's not a good first impression."

The boy shrugged.

"Not my fault. I keep getting lost."

"There's a spot in the line to the left of Ava's line. Ava raise your hand."

Ava put her hand up.

"Hi!"

Tanner walked to my line then sat down at the end of the line next to me. I looked at Buckley. He looked a little bit aggravated.

He is not happy.

We did our warm ups then started a new game. We went over the rules then played for a bit. The locker rooms were unlocked and we all walked in. I went to my things and started changing. I threw more deodorant on then put my regular shirt on.

"That new boy is kinda cute."

"Eh. I guess? Brad's better though."

"What about you Onyx? Do you think the new boy's cute?"

"No. Not at all."

"Damn! You're THAT loyal to Buck?"

"Yeah. I'm finally happy and I don't have eyes on anyone else."

"So if the new boy....walks up to you and asks you out...you're gonna reject him?"

"Obviously. I'm not a cheater."

"Wow. Do you already love him?"

"I-I don't know what I'm feeling. I've never loved someone that way. I'm new to all of this."

"True. That's a good point."

"I don't wanna say it without knowing if I mean it. I don't think...that's something you should lie about."

"Damn girl. You're serious about your relationship?"

"I'm supposed to be right? He's my first boyfriend too. He's been my best friend since we were 5. I don't know where, I'd be without him."

Ava wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

"I think....you love him and it's just not registering yet."

"Yeah. I guess, that's possible. It's only been less than a month too."

"Shit. You didn't get the point. What I meant was....you could've loved him for a while now and you just haven't known it. It happened with me and Brad."

"Yeah but you both are different. You've been together for almost 4 years now. You guys mean it. I really don't wanna lie to him."