Chapter 22

Buckley's POV
A nurse walked in and showed us how to make bottles for the twins and how to burp them. I fed Rosemary while Onyx fed Jacob. Rosemary finished eating before Jacob.

I put Rosemary on my shoulder and started patting her back. Onyx did the same thing when Jacob was done eating. Then She showed us how to change diapers and showed us how to swaddle them.

"Perfect! You're naturals! Please let me know if you need anything else."

She walked away then closed the door. I was holding Jacob and saw his eyes start fluttering. I used my right index finger to rub his back.

They're identical twins. They both look like perfect mixes of me and Onyx. Me and Onyx both have jet black hair so it's no surprise that our twins do too. They were both born with hair. Rosemary had more hair than Jacob did.

"Her hair is definitely gonna be long like yours."

"And his'll be as short and fluffy as yours."

Our first night with them was a bit rough. Onyx was getting overwhelmed. I could tell just by looking at her. I walked up to her and sat down in front of her. I cupped her hands.

"Are you okay? Be honest."

"I'm okay. I'm just a bit overwhelmed. It's our first night with them. I was expecting this. I'm fine Buck. Don't worry about me. Are you okay?"

"I-I think...I'm okay."

"We got this. Baby we got this. It's a learning curve. Normally....I'm the one who needs to take a step back and breathe. This time it's you. Jake and Rose are fine. I'm okay. You're okay. All of us are okay. Go take a walk to clear your head."

"What? I can't just leave you here. You can barely walk."

"I'll be fine. You trust me right?"

"Yeah. I do."

She sat up more.

"You need to trust me Buck. I'm gonna be on my own with them eventually."