20. The event

The event is not written in detail but only focuses on Anika's feelings.

Check the last chap for pic of Anika's dress.

Friday evening

Anika

"Harsh, you are still in hospital. It's 5.30 pm now." Aarav says looking at his watch.

The three of us were having sandwiches while Aarav was talking to Harsh on his phone.

"Ok, I will wait for you before going to the party today." Aarav says before hanging up.

"Is he coming?" I ask him.

"Yes, he had an emergency today at 5 am. He is still in the hospital till now. He was sounding tired. I won't go to the party unless I see him."

"What's your dinner menu?" I ask kiara.
"Haven't thought anything till now. May be paratha." Kiara replies.

"Oh no, I forgot to prepare dinner for Harsh. He can't do it himself today since he will be tired." Aarav says but I cut him off.

"Kiara will make something for him happily." I say without asking kiara who also nodded too fast.

"Sure, I will make, what would he like to eat." Kiara asks Aarav.

"It will be better to ask him"

"Ok, just tell me when he comes back."

"Thanks. Anika we will leave after an hour."

"Sure. I will go get ready."

7.00 pm.

"We are late Cherry, the program might have started, come soon." Aarav says as we get inside the car.

"I was ready on time." I clarified it just to not take the blame.

"Yes, I know, I caused the delay." Aarav said as he started driving.

"What happened?"

"Harsh didn't look good when he was back home. So I was checking him. He was exhausted. Kiara will give him dinner."

I nodded understanding.

After a few mins we reached the venue.

"Aarav, be slow, I can't walk fast." I say as my dress was a bit huge.

"Here." Aarav forwards his hand towards me.

I took it to walk closer to him.

It was the first time we were holding hands.

Wow, his palms were soft and super comfortable yet it gave me an awesome feeling of a firm handshake.

That's a surgeon's hand ofcourse.

I looked at him to see that he was already looking at me while smiling.

I wanted to keep looking at him but we reach the venue to get greeted by the host.

"Dr. Sinha, thankyou for coming, I hope you and your friend have a great time today."

"It's our pleasure. Mr Singhania, thanks for inviting us. She is my friend Anika Sahay."

"Welcome Ms Sahay, please join."

We enter inside to see the big centre stage nicely decorated, which was surrounded by food stalls along with tattoo point, selfie corner amongst other things.

The centre stage was beautifully decorated with colourful umbrellas. A group dance pn a rajasthani song was going on.

We enjoyed some nice dance performances along with comedy act and now some singers were singing nice melidious songs.