👑 Frostfall 2023 Winner: The Inexorable Chemistry

With the end of winter, along with the very last contest of 2023, a new Champion of Astania rises from the frost. Congratulations to MilaForLife with her written entry "The Inexorable Chemistry"!

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Prompt: You meet who you believe to be your soulmate at a New Year's Eve party, but you never got their name or phone number. You set out to find them.

An excerpt from "The Inexorable Chemistry" by MilaForLife

"You okay?" The woman asks and I return my gaze towards her when my breath catches in my throat.

She's the most breathtaking sight I've ever seen to this day. Her flaming-red hair cascades over her shoulders and brings a beautiful warmth to her face: her high cheekbones, pale face that is flushed with a rosy color on her cheeks, almond - shaped blue eyes which are as deep as the ocean, and full lips which curl up in a warm smile. She's wearing a dress shirt with rolled-up sleeves which showcase her arms decorated with the most gorgeous tattoos. Her black jeans compliment her figure as they hug her super-fit legs and perfect ass.

"I'm... I'm okay now," I stammer as heat creeps up on my face. "Thank you for rescuing me."

"It's my pleasure," she smiles. "I love saving damsels in distress."

"I... I wasn't a damsel in distress," I huff as I fold my arms over my chest.

"Okay, Ms. Sensitive," she chuckles. "Did you come here by yourself?"

"No. My friend dragged me here and then abandoned me."

"Well, that's rude of her," the woman says. "Would you like some company?"

"Company?" I repeat.

"Yes. How about a dance?"

"I... don't know," I hesitate.

"Don't worry. You'll be safe with me out there," she smirks and jerks her head towards the crowd.

I look her over as I contemplate on whether or not to take her offer. After all, she did save me from a pervert so in a way, I owe her. However, aside from that, a large part of me wants to dance with her. And the sensual music doesn't help as it urges my body to move. Besides, isn't tonight all about taking risks? I've already downed an entire glass of Rockana. I'm practically drunk right now, so what more could go wrong?

"You know what? I'd love to," I finally answer.

Her full lips curl up in another one of her intoxicating smiles as she holds out her hand. I accept it, and she gently drags me out to the middle of the ballroom/now dance-floor. The red strobe lights combined with the loud music seep into my mind and body like a drug as we sway to the sounds in a fluid rhythm.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

For your shot to be the next Champion of Astania, check out the ongoing monthly and seasonal contests!

Trials of AstaniaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara