👑 April 2024 Winners: Sunshine Right in Front of Me and Healing Her

At long last, here are our winners for April's Trials of Astania! Congratulations to our newest victors: spacecadetstarry with his written entry "Sunshine Right in Front of Me," and MilaForLife with her graphic entry "Healing Her"!

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Prompt: After you live through a traumatic accident, you become frustrated and bitter. But when someone with an easy smile and big heart enters your life, everything changes.

An excerpt from "Sunshine Right in Front of Me" by spacecadetstarry

The most likely scenario that he could think of was the week prior to finals. The boys were talking about some coding that Alex was struggling with, with Oliver doing his best to explain it in a way that the ginger understood. They were sitting outside on a blanket in the grass under the shade of a massive tree on campus. Alex had this exasperated look of frustration on his face, his head tilted towards Oliver, knees drawn to his chest with elbows propped on them, and a hand tucked under his cheek. The sun was setting behind Alex, almost looking like a halo behind him, and Oliver couldn't help but think that he looked beautiful, like he belonged there.

Oliver paused in what he was doing at the thought, tucking a hand under his own cheek and leaning on it.

"You should go on a date with me," he stated, out of nowhere.

Alex jolted at the sudden change of topic, a flush painting his freckled cheeks pink once he processed what Oliver said.

"Sure, y-yeah, okay," Alex stuttered in response, ducking his head to hide his blush. "After finals, though, I really need to pass these."

Oliver gave a small smile and nod, which had Alex looking at him with what looked like awe.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Oliver asked.

"No, I just don't think I've seen you smile before," the ginger said, a wide smile on his face.

"Well, I'll do it more often just for you, Sunshine," Oliver told him.

Alex blushed all over again but didn't comment on the nickname. "Let's get back to work now."

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Prompt 1: Create a graphic depicting the words "alone," "determined," "dive," and "steam."

Prompt 2: After you live through a traumatic accident, you become frustrated and bitter. But when someone with an easy smile and big heart enters your life, everything changes.

"Healing Her" by MilaForLife

Congratulations to spacecadetstarry and MilaForLife!

To be the next Champion of Astania, check out our ongoing monthly and seasonal contests!