The Heart Break

Zeehan

When I was about to reach her location Shiuli called informing me that they sorted the matter out and they were going home. After the call came I decided to go home because it was already quite late. 

I stared at the entrance waiting for someone to open the doors as I forgot the keys at the office. What is taking them this much time to open the doors? I checked my watch again and it's only been a minute but feels like a thousand. Finally, the door creaked open and I got a sight of Shiuli. She gave me a tight smile and greeted me with a good evening. I smiled in return and entered the house. 

It was a very tiring day at the office. I had 5 meetings today back to back, because of an international project we are currently working on. It has been a month since we are going back and forth with the meetings and doing little tweaks here and there but these investors are very choosy with what they want and how they want it to be. They want perfection in every single thing and this thing is irritating me now. They should at least clarify their needs at once. Removing these thoughts from my mind, I moved to my room upstairs to take a hot shower to release some stress.

After I came out of the shower, I changed into some sweatpants and a regular white t-shirt. I made my way to the dining downstairs for dinner. When I entered the dining room I saw Anyla and Papa quietly eating their food. Anyla didn't even raise her head to look at me or to greet me and I know the reason behind it. I took my seat in front of Anyla. After we finished eating, Papa got up, greeted us good night, and went to his room. 

Anyla was about to go to her room but I stopped her and started directly with the main topic "Anyla, do you care to explain what happened there? "

Anyla bobbed her small head innocently and said, "Bhaiya it was nothing, after I called you we had a little talk with those guys and they went off."

I know exactly when she is lying and when she is not."There is no need to lie Any, I will not kill you just tell me honestly."

She told me the whole story of how one of their classmates helped them and what was the whole situation.

I told her in a serious tone, "Anyla, be careful about how you react because you never know who the person in front of you is. I am not scolding you, I am just telling you to be careful, you are too old for scolding and I know you are smart enough to handle the situations on your own."

She smiled at my consoling words and said, "Yes Bhaiya, sorry for this time and I will be very careful the next time."

I smiled in return and said, "It's okay this time but if I get to know something like this again I would kill you."

Anyla laughed at my words and hugged me. I hugged her in return and pecked her forehead. While being in my embrace she said, "You are the world's best brother. Thank you, Bhaiya."

Her sweet words made my heart flutter with happiness. Being a big brother is never easy but these appreciations always made my day better. I replied to her, "I know I am the best, now go and take some rest, it is quite late and tomorrow is your presentation right, are you done with your project?"

She released the hug and said in a panic, "Bhaiya I forgot about the presentation, there is a lot to be improved in that. Thanks for reminding me, now I'll have to wake till morning."

"Don't panic Any, do your best and don't wake till the morning do get some rest. Now I will get going. I am very tired. Good night kiddo."

"Good night Bhaiya."

As soon as I entered my room, I lay on my bed. This is heaven, laying on the bed after a long day. I closed my eyes and shifted positions, but sleep eluded me. In defeat, I opened my eyes and picked up the phone lying on the nightstand. As soon as I turned the screen on I saw a million notifications popping up. I scrolled through a few and checked a few emails. I opened Instagram and scrolled through the reels a little. After minutes of scrolling, I got tired of hearing the same song on repeat so I turned my phone off and finally slept.