IX. Desercation Of The Mind

SCARLETT RUSHED OUT OF THE HOUSE, keys in her grasp, that was when Niko got home.

"Niko!" Scarlett went to her, "where were you?"

"I was with..." Niko looks over going quiet.

As Sam got out of his truck, "we haven't met yet," he told the Elder, "I'm Sam Uley, the Alpha of the Wolf Pack here in Forks."

Scarlett was shocked, she knew one day she'd meet the Alpha, but she didn't expect it to happen through Niko. She just turns to her girl, "is this where you've been going in your free time?"

"Maybe..."

"I am sorry if she crossed any lines," Scarlett assumed the worst.

Sam just shook his head, "she's been great company for the pack, for me, we see her as one of our own," that made Scarlett smile, so whilst everyone else was acquainting themselves with the Vampires... Niko found herself at home with the wolves.

Scarlett crosses her arms, "listen, thank you for bringing her back safely," he nods respectfully, "I have to go."

"Where are you going?" Niko asked.

Scarlett looked at her, "Lyra is awake."

LYRA SAT UP as Carlisle did multiple checks on her to make sure she was okay.

She hadn't said a word since waking up... Something was off.

Although maybe that'll change when either Jasper or Scarlett gets here.

"Lyra?" Carlisle finally was done but could not even get her to give him a straight look in the eye, "are you okay?"

Lyra was shaking, she shook her head in an answer, as he nods sighing.

"What should we do?" Esme asked as he went to her side.

"Lyra?"

Ariana teleported into the room the moment she heard, Lyra looked up at her as she broke down, she didn't say a word... Just fell apart, you could see it on her face, and ran into Ariana's arms.

Ariana hugs her back tightly.

Lyra didn't know how to handle it... It hurt more than anything. It felt as if her head was screaming at her and that she couldn't breath at times. That something is itching to happen. But nothing ever does.

That's when Jasper arrived on the property, he feels almost immediately Lyra's feelings, how she's terrified but also brave at the same time; as if something is tugging at her personality. He shares a look with Edward and then Alice.

"Go," Alice urges.

Edward nods.

"I'm right behind yo-"

Jasper was gone before she finished.

Lyra jumps as Jasper sped in the room, "Lyra!"

"Jasper!" Lyra jumped into his arms the moment she saw him, finally springing to words again, this made Carlisle smile at Esme and Lyra smiled a bit stepping back.

She then felt at home, safe, and sound in his arms. Jasper clung to her like she was his lifeline and in a way they both were to each other.

"Lyra!" Alice runs in.

Lyra pulls away from Jasper and then hugs Alice, "Alice... I don't know what's happening... Wh- What is happening? Do you know?"

Carlisle steps up at that as Alice shook her head, "I saw a vision," she admits, "of you almost halfway full of darkness."