Chapter 3

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER12:30 p

JORDYN NAOMI PARKER
12:30 p.m | FRIDAY AFTERNOON

"I LOVE MY HAIR GIRL, thank you." Jordyn's client says as she's recording herself on her phone, flatting her hand on her hair as she takes quick poses before putting her phone up, getting the money out of her purse. "Here you go, I'll definitely be back again."

"Thank you love, see you again." She said as she collected the money from the girl, quickly counting it to see it was the full amount of two hundred dollars.

After her client leaves, she began cleaning up; wiping down her chair and other areas and she prepared for her next client.

Getting done faster than she'd thought, she checks her phone, seeing it was only 12:35. Her next client wasn't until 1 p.m. She felt hungry, so she decided to stop by the gas station to get something quick to snack on, seeing that she wouldn't be able to sit down eat an actual meal until after she was done with her appointments.

Grabbing her belongings, she heads out, locking her shop up and heading to her car, unlocking it with her key as she gets inside. She felt like listening to music, so she connects her phone to the bluetooth, going to her Spotify playlist finding a quick song to play while she drives.

Now Playing: Summer 2020 by Jhené Aiko.

Jordyn puts her car in drive, pulling out of the parking lot as she heads to the store, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel in rhythm as she hums to the music.

"I can't wrap my head around what's happening; I can't get no sleep, no peace of mind. Trying to beat the heat in summer madness; Only thoughts of you can get me by."

She turns on her left signal, waiting for traffic to slow down before she turns into the gas station. Seeing it was clear, she quickly turns in, parking into the parking lot as she turns her car off and grabbing a twenty dollar bill out of her purse— not seeing a reason to bring it.

She exits her car, locking her door before shutting it close, making her way into the gas station, the small bell dinging as she opened the door; walking in. She heads to the chips isle, grabbing her favorite Flamin' Hot Funyuns, she walks over to the cooler to grab a water.

As she's reaching to grab a bottle of water, she catches a slight whiff of cologne. She turns her head to see a tall figure standing next to her, looking up she couldn't help but roll her eyes at the man standing beside her. The man who'd been slightly roaming through her mind for the two days they interacted.

"What?" She says confusedly, the water was now in her hand as she let the cooler door close. The man hovered over her, forcing her to look up at him in his eyes. She swayed back and forth, feeling some type of way until his vision.