Ch. 11 Finals or Losers

Third period of the game against Germany. We were tied 1-1, had scored on us. Meyer e had a death stare on me from the Germany bench, I knew he was bound to do something, and whatever that something was I was ready.

"Here we are at centre ice, getting ready for puck drop. Oh they are looking a bit nervous." That announcement wasn't help with my nerves at all. Meyer's gaze had not moved from me one bit, he better move his gaze or I will punch him in the face.

"I'm coming for you Meyer." I whispered to myself, I turned my attention back to the puck drop, Jase ramed into the kid taking puck drop. Poor kid, he fell down immediately, Jase passed the puck back to Luke, who went driving himself as fast as he could down the ice. When one of the Germany players went for a line change suddenly the big bad wolf Meyer came practically jumping off the bench and onto the ice

"Oh shit." I said as I realized what game Meyer was playing at, Luke was on the wall with the puck, when a smaller Meyer came brushing at him. I quickly jumped to get there before Meyer did, Meyer was a few feet away from hitting Luke and seriously injuring him, I came in and body slammed Meyer into the boards.

"What the fuck!" Yelled the German boy, I laughed at him, he gave me the evil eye he was mad and ready to do something about it but so was I. I looked over to the bench to see Jase with the anger I knew all too well in his eyes, Jase was going to do something before either of me or Meyer did anything, line change is going to be very difficult.

"Oops." I simply giggled to the Germany boy, I skated away with satisfaction flowing in me. There was somehow no penalty called which surprised me, I surely thought it would be called. We got right back to the game where we left off.

"Oh... that nasty hit on Meyer from Russo!" I left to the bench, as Meyer went down the tunnel to the locker room to get checked out.

"Nice one princess." Jase smirked, I rolled my eyes, we weren't doing good, we needed a miracle right now.

"Anderson, Russo you guys cooled off enough to get back on?" Asked Coach Smith, me and Jase both exchanged a gaze to each other, Coach Smith already knew the answer just by our look.

"Line change!" Screamed Coach Smith from the bench, two players came rushing over to the bench, me, and Jase jumped over the boards onto the ice. We pushed ourselves over to where the puck was.

"Thank god you guys are here." A relieved Jake and Quinn sighed, I laughed as Jase took the puck from one of Germany's players from centre ice. Jase raced into Germany's zone, we all followed expect the defenders, it was a breakaway only me and Jase were in Germany's zone

"Heads up Russo!" Shouted Jase passed the puck over to me I took my chances, everything slowed down I shot the puck... did it just go in?

"Anderson to Russo and... SHE SCORES!" They cheered, I couldn't believe my eyes when I realized what had just happened, was this really happening? Did I just win it for team Canada with 3 minutes still left in the period.

"Yes Alessandra!" Screamed Jase, he hugged me I couldn't believe it. We just had to hold off Germany for 3 minutes. We did face-off, Jase had his game face on and ready to go.

"Here we are in Germany's zone doing face-off, doing face-off in Germany's zone is dangerous." I was nervous more nervous then when the game started. I let all my nerves go when Jase won the face-off.

"Almost 2 minutes left in the game." They announced, I was in a daze almost not knowing what to do. I quickly snapped into action when I saw Germany getting aggressive, Jase was getting pushed around, when I saw him throw a punch. Soon everybody joined in as well did I, I found Meyer.

"Well if it isn't Alessandra Russo." He laughed, I wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off his face so bad. I punched him in the face as he fell down onto the ice. A line brawl erupted between Germany and Canada.

"Well would you look at that. Germany and Canada got a line brawl going on." After they announced it, the clock ran out.

"And Canada wins! They will be going to the finals, against America." We threw our gloves into the air as we heard the clock end. Everyone ran off the bench to join us on the ice.

"We did it!" Jase yelled as he threw his gloves up into the air. I couldn't believe it, we were going to the finals.

"God I can't believe this, it's almost like yesterday we were playing for the Hawks." I laughed as I took a trip down the lane of our memories from being with the Hawks. I wondered if our old coach was watching us now.

"Almost, it kinda feels like that sometimes." Jase agreed, we walked down the tunnel to take off our gear when Meyer came out of nowhere.

"Well, well I can't believe Team Canada sending in a girl to do a man's job." Meyer laughed with his little friends. Jase was not happy about this.

"She has ever right to be here, she's better then all of you." Jase hissed back to them, they fell quiet knowing it was true.

"Whatever, let's go boys." They left angrily, why did Jase always do this? I wondered, he didn't need to protect me I could do it just fine by myself.

"Great jobs guys!" Cheered Coach Smith, he was officially the happiest man on Earth.

"Alessandra that goal was just beautiful!" Coach Smith excitedly exclaimed, I couldn't help but smile my whole way back to my room.

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post earlier, I kinda lost motivation and didn't know what to put, but I'm going to hopefully be posting more now. And I wanted to make a comment about something, if you guys know me in real life or go to my school, please don't tell anyone about my account or my books. It would really mean a lot thank you.