Back up plan

Accompanied by Dr. Tyler, Renuka guided the group to the elevator and ascended to the level where Section 3 was located. Throughout the journey, Felix monitored the ongoing events unfolding in front of the building, feeling the weight of stress as he observed the enemies' relentless attempts to breach the facility, despite the traps laid out by his men.

Exiting the elevator, they were confronted by a sealed door adorned with the bold letters "Section 3."

Renuka placed her hands on the sensor panel beside the door, which could only be unlocked by authorized personnel. As her hands were scanned, the door opened as soon as it recognized her authorization.

Upon entering, the door closed immediately behind them. Renuka led the way straight ahead and took a right turn, leading down a flight of stairs to another room.

"This is the control center I mentioned," Renuka informed Felix, as she proceeded to open the door with her retinal scan, granting them all access.

Inside the control center, they were met with a meticulously and sophisticatedly designed space dominated by a central console. This console featured a large array of high-resolution monitors displaying real-time data streams, experimental parameters, and analytical software interfaces. Surrounding the central console were ergonomic workstations set up for control operators, analysts, and technicians. Each workstation was equipped with powerful computers, specialized software tools, and communication systems. Control panels, touchscreens, and instrument displays were strategically positioned throughout the room, allowing operators to monitor and adjust experimental conditions, equipment settings, and safety protocols with ease. Additionally, a large screen displayed surveillance visuals from every camera placed inside and outside the facility.

Everything was active except that the entire room was empty. Felix immediately moved towards the screen displaying the surveillance visuals to check upon Adam.

"Where are all the workers?" he asked Renuka.

"I don't know, we never evacuated them," Renuka replied.

Felix ordered one of his men to find out how to control the CCTV visuals.

As Felix scanned through the multiple visuals, he finally spotted Adam inside the building, moving forward with his men.

At that moment, Felix received a message from Marco stating that he had reached the laboratory research center and regrouped with the rest of the men, awaiting Felix's orders.

Looking at the visuals from the laboratory research center, Felix found Marco and his men standing in front of the pods.

At that moment, a man wearing a lab coat and glasses entered the room, holding a donut and espresso in his hand.

Everyone in the room turned to look at him.

The man seemed frightened at first by the sight of so many people, but he calmed down when he saw Renuka among them.

Renuka introduced him to Felix, "This is Anwar, one of the men working here."

Renuka then asked Anwar where the rest of the workers were.

Anwar replied, "Everyone left to eat about two hours ago, leaving me to watch this place. They never came back, and finally, I realized that I was tricked by them."

Felix nodded in approval. "Good. Now, come and do your job."

Anwar complied, taking a seat and focusing on Adam as instructed by Felix.

Felix directed Anwar to keep his attention on Adam and the laboratory research center.

As Anwar monitored the situation, Felix began formulating a plan based on the battle data obtained from Marco. He immediately contacted Marco, who was stationed at the research center.