Chapter 13 - her weak spot

So grateful for all your nice messages, they really make my day and motivate me to write way faster 😂♥️

Narrator POV

So she tries. To keep going, to go on stage, to put on a good show. But despite all her efforts, she's not quite there. Although she's done nothing but lie on the couch, rest and get her heart rate down, she feels limp and weak on stage, her brain feels foggy, she feels unsteady on her feet.

It's in the middle of the show when it happens. When, for a tiny moment, she forgets the flow of the show, the routine and her steps. Where she stands wrong just once and nobody notices. No one but one. Only one has her eyes fixed, eagerly waiting for Jade to wake up, to think for herself and step away from where the floor fireworks are about to come from. But nothing happens. She remains in a daze, not even thinking about it, not realising that she is in danger.

Perrie counts the seconds in her head, knows that it should happen at any moment, observes her and decides that she can no longer stand by and watch. She lunges forward, grabs Jade by the arm and pulls her harshly without warning towards her, back, away from the fireworks that shoot upwards in a second.

Jade stares open-mouthed at the fireworks that almost set her on fire, feels the heat on her skin and doesn't even notice the small burn on her hand. It takes a few seconds before she shakes her head, swallows the lump in her throat and turns her gaze to Perrie, who is looking at her, stunned, angry and extremely worried at the same time.

"You okay?" she moves her lips without speaking. Jade stares at her in confusion, taking a moment to understand her before nodding hurriedly and trying not to think of anything, hoping that no onlooker has seen or suspects anything.

They bring the set to a close, Perrie's eyes fixed on Jade, Jade's fixed forwards in the hope that she can concentrate again, while the other two have barely noticed the situation and wonder why the mood is even stranger than usual.

Backstage, changing outfits, it's Perrie who whispers, "What was that out there?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jade interjects.

"You completely zoned out there," Perrie reminds her, also attracting the other prying ears. "If I hadn't pulled you away, the fireworks would have literally burned you!" this in turn makes Jesy and Leigh's eyes widen in shock.

"I don't know," mumbles Jade, unsettled by all the stares. "I think this blood pressure thing is making me weak, I...I just wasn't there for a minute," she tries to explain, although she doesn't understand it herself, doesn't know what's going on.

"Then you shouldn't be on stage, damn it!" Jesy becomes impatient. "Go backstage, get some rest!"

"No, I'm fine!" Jade shouts back.

"Obviously not, otherwise you wouldn't have been close to be fucking barbecue!" she replies. "You promised!"

"I wasn't there for five seconds, otherwise I'm fine, okay?" she doesn't want to hear any of it. "Stop arguing with me, I'm perfectly capable of performing!"