25

Isabella

"Chief intercepted a package earlier today which was meant for you." Kian states.

"A package?" I ask, my heart beating loudly in my chest. "From the same people as last time?" I can't bring myself to discuss the exact details without feeling sick.

"Yes."

"Wh- what was in it?" The words fall out of my mouth despite the fact that I don't really want to know what the contents of it were.

"Same thing as last time. A key and an address."

Kian's withholding information and I intend to get it out of him. "That's it?" I question. "What aren't you telling me?"

There's a beat of silence where Kian and Chief both share a look. Chief shakes his head slightly and Kian does his usual glare. "There were pictures," he eventually grits out. "...of your mum and brother. Someone has been watching them."

Someone has been watching my family? I thought they were just after me because of my relation to Kian. If they're watching my family then it really does mean that they're after me and me alone. "Why are we in here when we could be going to see what they want?" I look between the both of them, not understanding why they're so calm. Neither make a move to get up. "Guys, we need to do something!"

"It's too late." This comes from Chief.

"What do you mean?" I turn towards him, giving up on reasoning with Kian. Clearly, he's reverted back to being the brick wall that he usually is so I need to at least try and get Chief to understand. "They're threatening my family, Chief. What would you do if someone threatened yours?"

Chief looks taken aback by my question and I glare at him, waiting for his response but he doesn't say anything. If I weren't too busy trying to save my family, I would maybe question the pained look in his eyes when I question him about his. Instead, I turn back to Kian. "I'm going to the address to see what they want. Where is it?"

"No, you're not." Kian doesn't bother looking away from his computer screen and I want to throttle him for being so dismissive.

"Don't tell me 'no'. This is my family, Kian."

"I am aware Isabella." Kian huffs.

"Are you really?" I shoot back. "Because I don't see anyone doing anything."

"They told you to be there at six. It's now seven thirty- it's too late," he explains. "I have a plan but you need to trust me."

"What are you thinking Boss?" Chief interjects before I can reply.

"We need to go dark," Kian says before he resumes clicking away on his stupid computer. Dark? What does that even mean?

"But they've already threatened her family. How will that fix anything?" Chief questions.

"They don't actually have any way of confirming that she's received the package," Kian says and Chief eyes light up in understanding. Me, however, I'm still clueless.

"We fly out tonight," Kian explains. "In a couple of days, Isabella and I post on our socials. A late honeymoon- make it out to be a spontaneous, surprise getaway or some romanticised shit like that. If we're lucky, they'll think we've been away this whole time."

He wants to us to go on holiday and pretend we never got the package? That's his big idea?

"Your plan is for us to go on a holiday and pretend like we were there this whole time?" I ask incredulously. "No one with a brain is going to fall for that."