01

TW: GORE AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION

༘˚⋆𐙚。⋆𖦹.✧˚ PLAYING... BREAKIN' DISHES

AS the crimson liquid gushed out of the cloaked mortal in front of me, a visceral rush surged through my veins, heightening my senses to the chaotic scene unfolding before me. With a swift motion, I drove my knife into his neck, feeling the resistance of flesh and sinew as the blade tore through his skin. The metallic tang of blood filled the air as I slammed his skull into the unforgiving ground, the impact reverberating through my hands.

The knife remained lodged in the front of his neck. With a quick, practiced movement, I retrieved the dagger from his flesh, the leather of my gloves providing a barrier between me and the warm, sticky blood. I kneed him squarely in the jaw, the sickening crunch of bones shattering making itself audible.

Once the words "FINISH HIM" blazed across the TV screen, I leaned forward eagerly from my position on the couch. With a deft click of the controller's "B" button, I unleashed a flurry of devastating blows, my virtual blades carving through the digital realm with deadly precision.

The transformation of my weapons into an elegant traditional fan was a sight to behold, a testament to the skill and finesse of my chosen character; Kitana. As the top of my opponent's already shattered skull split from his corpse, a twisted sound of gurgled groans filled the room.

Summoning a swirling gust of wind, I watched with grim satisfaction as his remains were scattered to the four winds. The proclamation of "KITANA WINS... FATALITY" only served to further fuel my sense of triumph at my first win against my brother all night in Mortal Kombat.

Yet, as the euphoria of victory began to wash over me, the abrupt darkness that descended upon the TV screen shattered my illusions of triumph, plunging me back into the boring reality of our living room.

"You look like a zombie," I giggled, unable to contain the playful tease that slipped off of my tongue once I saw my mother who was holding the TV plug.

This earned a blue-eyed glare from my mother, her gaze piercing through the dimly lit room like icy daggers before she checked her watch with a sigh of exasperation. "It's 6 in the morning, get ready for school, you idiots!" Her voice carried a mix of frustration and urgency, the transformation from annoyance to panic evident in the furrow of her brows.

Both my brother and I groaned before lazily forcing ourselves off the couch.

—☆—

My head throbs with regret as I reflect on the foolishness of staying up all night, engrossed in that mind-numbingly violent hooker game with my brother. My shoulders feel like weights chained to my body from the lack of energy I had to move them.

I could barely muster the strength to keep my eyes open, the lack of sleep beginning to catch up to me in a race of time. It felt as though invisible hands were gently closing my eyelids shut.