CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION

Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month!For those of you who may not know what AAPI Heritage Month is, it is an annual celebration dedicated to celebrate the contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders around the world

For those of you who may not know what AAPI Heritage Month is, it is an annual celebration dedicated to celebrate the contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders around the world.

AAPI is a broad term, but includes Asian Americans, native Hawaiians, Asians from their native Asian country or living abroad, and the Pacific Islands of Melanesia (includes New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji and the Solomon Island), Micronesia (includes Marianas, Guam, Wake Island, Palau, Marshall Islands, Kiribati, Nauru and the Federated States of Micronesia) and Polynesia (includes New Zealand, Hawaiian Islands, Rotuma, Midway Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, French Polynesia and Easter Island).

AAPI is observed from May 1st to May 31st every year, but can, and should, be recognized past the month of May. To help bring attention to this important time, we have created a fun contest with activities for you to work on throughout the month to learn more about these cultures, but to also highlight Asian and Pacific Islander voices on Wattpad.

This contest was made possible with the help of the following profiles:

APIFantasy (host)

APIRomance (host)

mythandlegend

highfantasy

ReshapeIt

antiheroesgalore

TheFoodCatalogue

punklitfiction

AlternativeStorytelling

QuickFantasy

Multicultural-Community

YAFantasy

Please note this contest and its rules were created by the APIFantasy and APIRomance team and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad Ambassadors or Wattpad HQ staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries that do not meet the criteria outlined in the Rules & Guidelines chapter or are triggering to our team. We are not obligated to provide feedback to all users, and any that we do provide is at our discretion.

Extensions will not be granted to ensure everyone is given an equal amount of time to complete and submit their entries. The decision of the judges is final and any abusive language directed towards the profile and its team will not be tolerated and will likely result in disqualification of your entry. Please review the guidelines carefully prior to submitting and send us a message if you have any questions or concerns you would like to raise.