CHAPTER FIVE: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Do I have to make a new book?

Stories must be newly written and read as a standalone one-shot. If your new story is part of an existing short story collection and is selected as a favorite by one of our participating profiles, it won't be featured on the reading lists of the participating profiles.

Does it have to be 5,000 words?

The word limit is that and not over. Anything non-literary (author's notes, playlists, accolades) will not be counted towards the final word count.

Can I do a co-written story with someone?

Yes, you can! However, if you choose to publish on both your profiles, be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

Can I enter more than one entry?

Yes! Since we won't have any designated winners, you are free to submit as many stories as you'd like and use the participant sticker for every story you submit.

Does my story have to be in English?
Any entries written in the following languages will be accepted: English, Spanish, Korean, Thai

Is Mature Content allowed?

Mature Content is allowed so long as it meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines. Stories that do not meet this won't be accepted.

We will not accept Fanfiction at this time.

Can I change the details of the prompt I've chosen?

You are welcome to combine prompts, but your entry must follow one main prompt. Modifications to the prompt are permitted if the chosen prompt is still recognizable. You cannot reuse/rewrite an older story for this contest, its date of publication must not precede this contest.

How do I submit my story for this contest?

Just complete this FORM and that's it!