04

Kabanata 4

He said something to himself but i didn't quite hear it.

Tatanungin ko pa sana siya but mrs. Perez suddenly spoke.

"Listen up class,"

Lumingon kaming lahat kay ma'am.

"Enjoy your one hour lunch break and use it to get to know your classmates better," she gathered her things. "Okay that's it for this morning,..goodbye class.."

We said goodbye to ms. Perez and after that nag-uunahan ng magtanungan ang mga classmates ko kung saan sila kakain.

I felt out of place again. I guess this is gonna be another school year of me eating alone in the classroom, like it always has been.

At this point i'm not even surprised anymore. Ako lagi yung nag-aalinglangan muna bago magtanong sa kaklase ko, kung minsan nga hindi na talaga eh. All my classmates were always ecstatic when it comes to lunchtime but i would always be that one kid who sits alone and eat miserably by herself.

I was that anxious of interacting with people. For me, one utter takes a thousand ponders.

Habang tinitingnan ko ang mga kaklase ko, i noticed that he still hasn't left yet. I stole a glance at him and it looks like he was getting something from his bag na.

"Bro bilis! tataas na pila doon,"

I heard his friends calling him by the door.May kinukuha pa kasi siya sa bag niya, maybe it was his lunch.
Siguro kakain na rin siya with his friends.

"Maghintay ka nga Dean! Kitang may ginagawa pa ang tao oh!" Sigaw niya sa kaibigan niya.

I don't know but i suddenly got sad. Wala na talagang natirang tao sa loob. Ako na lang.Ulit.

I was about to sit down and maybe waste my time playing video games but then i heard someone.

"Ell-"

"Hi!" 

I'm pretty sure i heard someone call my name but i was more shocked to see someone standing in front of me.

"Kakain ka na?" She asked.

Nagtaka muna ako kung bakit niya ako kinakausap. I tried to smile at her questionably. It seemed like she got the message so she instantly apologized.

"Ah! I'm sorry that was rude of me,"

Inilahad niya ang kaniyang kamay and smiled, though it looked like it was fake, or was it just me?

Confused, i still accepted her hands and tried to smile awkwardly. This situation was really making me anxious. Although i really felt a strong surge of relief gushing through me, the echoes of my demons will just not vanish, unheared.

Tumingin muna ako kay Khyle because i thought he was the one who called me, or maybe i was just imagining things?

However,pagtingin ko sa direksiyon niya he was looking at my direction too pero nang makitang tumitingin ako, dali-dali siyang lumingon at mabilis na naglakad kung saan ang mga kaibigan niya. Dali-dali din naman siyang bumalik para kunin ang wallet niya, he even stumbled because of how fast he was going.

What was that for?

"Hey, Khyle watch where you're going, muntik ka nang matumba"

Khyle looked back at her and looked at me for a few seconds, he was just staring at me while nodding at Sienna.

"Y-yeah,"tipid niyang sagot while still looking at me.

After that he left with his friends.

"So clumsy talaga,"