Chapter 8: The Necklace (Part three)

The detective arrived at the place Ruizel talked about. He saw him wearing gloves. Ruizel was holding a necklace with fury eyes. As though it was a very important necklace to him.

"You called me here, yet what are you doing holding that Rubellite necklace?" — The detective asks him.

He explained to the detective that it was a precious necklace he gave to his beloved before she was kidnapped. It was the night he prevented her from being attacked by her stalker.

He explained to the detective what he plans to do, and they kept searching everywhere. Kean heard a ruckus outside while she was with Lawrence. Lawrence stood and told her to shut her mouth. When he left, she broke a glass. It was sharp enough to wound and cut through. She didn't hesitate to cut the rope even if she felt the pain fierce in her skin.

She finally got out of the rope, removed the fabric from her mouth, and found a gun with a bullet. She took a deep breath, not hesitating to move and search every spot and corner of the room where she could hide. She took more bullets and shot at the small window from above.

Ruizel heard this and found glasses on the ground. She screamed, and he heard her. She was underground, in the basement. He reassured her, but he was smacked in the head using the same bat Lawrence used to Kean. Just like that, he was also locked with her. But little did Lawrence know he was going to be caught.

While the two were kept in the basement tied up, Ruizel acting as though Lawrence was yet to be found, keeping the record on while the detective and the police's hear the conversation waiting for his signal. They were outside, searching every spot where Ruizel and Kean were.

Ruizel tried everything he can to protect her. Lawrence's obsession made him become a criminal himself. When Ruizel no longer can't protect her from losing too much blood, Kean can only cover him with her body.

As they are in their critical moment, the police's waited outside as their skilled forces barge in to the basement to save the victims. The detective arrive as well to check the two's condition and ask Kean about what happened while she was inside tied up alone.

Ruizel was sent to the hospital for treatment and recovery. She sat beside the bedside, watching over him after the incident. Hoping that he wakes up and still remembers her.

He wakes up, seeing her asleep beside him. He felt happy and relief to see her beside him accompanying him in the hospital. He caresses her head gently and sweetly. She groan and opened her eyes. She flinched, remembering that she's in the hospital watching him. She check him up to see if he was awake.

She teared up in relief to see him awake and checked everything around him if he still remembers her, afraid that he would forget her. He chuckles, seeing her worried expression and behavior. He caresses her hair gently, smiling with relief.

"I'm glad.. you're alright.."

Kean teared up from the sight of Ruizel looking relief to see her doing fine. She couldn't help but cry from relief that he was alive and remember her well. After that incident, Kean apologize properly and turned them down politely.

"To all the guys that I have turned down harshly.. I truly apologize for my behavior. At the time, I was broken and hurt, and I couldn't think straight, so I wanted everyone to leave me. I distanced myself in a way that also have scarred you all." — She said on the stage as she bowed down to all her admirers apologizing.

They murmured and yelled out comforting words. Something she had not expected to happen at all. She teared up on the stage, making everyone panic. She thanked everyone for their kind understanding. They all turned silent, blessed by her sight.