𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

.

𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞 '𝐌𝐨𝐧é' 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 || 𝟏𝟖 ||📍 Kingstown  | 5PM|22nd  of November 2024

I had been walking around and browsing items in stores for about half an hour with my younger siblings and aunt. Vincy Christmas was approaching. If anyone knows Vincentians, they know we love celebrating Christmas. 

My aunty was looking for new curtains and rugs for Christmas. Everyone and their grandma always buys new rugs and curtains for Christmas in Vincy. Even if the ones they are using are quite literally still in good shape. I made sure to hold my little sister'shand tightly as we crossed the street. 

My little brother was being pushed in his stroller. He got tired of walking very easily and I was glad I took his stroller and baby bag with me. He wanted to take a nap and luckily I had his teddy bear with me. Or else he would not go to sleep and cry for 40 minutes.

You may think that it is a little early to start Christmas shopping. However, once November starts Vincentians are going on shopping sprees.

At least we will get the items before their price starts to skyrocket more than they already have by now.

Soon, we had gotten all the inedible stuff and we were heading to Bonadie #2 Supermarket to get some ingredients for cakes and other sweet treats.

My auntie made sure to buy 20 pounds of flour and the same in sugar. She loved baking as it kept her occupied. She does not work as her children and husband  send money to keep her going. They are all in America and making sure she is okay back in St.Vincent.

She had an accident on her job as  a teacher years ago that damaged her hip severely and from that day her husband told her to never work again and became the sole provider

Romain Virgo that anuh!

She was pushing the cart while i made sure the kids did not wander off too far.  I had glanced down at my phone as my little sister made her way to the snacks aisle. I followed slowly behind her , pushing my little brother's prom. Before I knew it I heard my little sister talking to someone. A male. My head quickly shot up.

It was Casper. She was talking to Casper.

I watched as she pointed to the biscuits on the top of the shelf that she wanted and he reached for them for her.

'Thank you sister's boyfriend!'

My blood ran cold. 

Di pickney tink alyuh together-

I would giggle loudly before I put my hand over my mouth. They were both staring at me at that point.  I quickly got my composure and addressed them.

''Hey Casper, sorry if she bothered you.''

I would say as my little sister ran to my aunty, leaving us both alone.

"Dahz alright man..always like helping people who I care for.."

He would reply. He was in some grey sweatpants, his hair was in a ponytail. He smelled strongly of Sauvage and mint. I'm guessing from the gum as he was chewing something. He looked down at me as he spoke.