XIX. Someday

Where are you? [3:07pm]

.

- Hey? [3:16pm]

.

I'm here by the bench. [3:34pm]

.

I saw you. [3:55pm]

.

Don't overwork yourself, please. [4:11pm]

.

I'll be waiting for you. [4:32pm]

.

Jinwoo sighed and pocketed his phone. He lazily tucked his buttoned-up shirt into his pants as he leaned back. He stared once again at the field. His onyx hair swayed to the side as the wind blew. The breeze tickled his face with its gentle laugh.

It's Saturday today, and he just finished his club training earlier in the afternoon. As it's Sunday tomorrow, he thought that they could go somewhere tonight—maybe have dinner?

... It has been awhile since they saw each other. Final exams just finished, and their training for the regionals got hectic. These past few weeks, their schedules did not really match up.

Well, not like they are in a relationship or something in this timeline. He thought. For now, they are just friends—friends that hang out usually? Always seen together? Yep, friends they are. He chuckled.

He won't deny that it was his intention all along for the two of them to always hang out. Well, it always starts with interactions between two people, right? The time you spend with that person is important. Slowly but surely.

He knew that the girl was fond of him now. But more so for him. This time, he's the one who's more fond of the other now. It has developed into something deeper since they met again. Well, he did have the memories of the erased timeline, so that must be it.

So, yeah, he's here in her school's field. Why?

To fetch her? Yes.

To walk her home? Yeah..

And deep down inside to ensure her safety?

Jinwoo scrunched his nose away from his thoughts. It's past 5 now... What could she be doing?

He last saw her a while ago, when she did a full round of running around the field. She looked tired and sweaty, yet her eyes shone with energy and fire. He watched her intently. His gaze was that of a serious one as he stared at her.

'Even if she's younger, she's still hardworking.' He thought. She always did push herself once she set her sights on something. A part he always liked, yet at the same time despised it. She always pushed herself over her limit, and in turn, it always took a toll on her. He did not notice this fact back in their time as hunters, but now that he was able to see how she is as an athlete, he learned a new thing about her.

In addition to that, she lived alone. How could he turn a blind eye to this? Her dad passed away years ago, and her mom always tended to her business around the world, so she had no time to spare her daughter anymore. Hence, he decided he would do his best to accompany her.

You never know—she might be lonely despite that cold front.

A lot of things he learned in just a short amount of time... so these two years since they met in the preliminaries? He stuck to her like glue whenever he had time.

The distance between their respective schools is a bother. Well, if he used normal transportation, And more so with their different grade levels. He's going to take the test for college later this year, and he will graduate from high school next year. Their time together will be greatly reduced after that happens.