Prologue

One year ago.
Isabella's pov.
"Don't worry Isa, everything will be fine, you'll crack it today". Evelyn my roommate says patting my shoulder.
Iam going for a job interview today and it's a really big company currently in California.

"Thank you Eve, and bye. Iam getting late, I'll meet you after the interview". I say picking up my resume and getting out of the apartment.

Let me introduce myself, myself Isabella Williams. I hate my last name but that's not the point. I have done a major in Cyber and network security.

I take a cab and go to Smith corporation.
As soon as I reach, I walk inside and ask the receptionist.

"Hello, Iam Isabella Williams and Iam here for an interview today". I say.
She checks something in her laptop for a minute and says.

"Miss Williams, please go to the seventh floor and enter the second room in left side". She says and I nod slowly.

"Where is lift by the way?". I ask politely.

"Go in a straight line and then turn right". She says and I started walking.

As I turn right, I see two lifts side by side.

So I enter the first one because it was empty and second one was kinda crowded.

I was about to press the button, but three man came inside.
Two men's eyes wide as they see me inside the elevator.

"Who are you?". One of those two men asks.

"Iam Isabella Williams, Iam here for the interview". I say politely.

"Did no one tell you that this elevator is only used by the company's owner?". Other man asks.
What? You fucked up already Isabella.

"Umm no?". I say a little questioningly.

"He just told you. Please get out". Third man says turning to look at me.

My breathe stucks as soon as I look into his eyes. I have never seen someone so captivating, so mesmerizing. Something about this man just feels right.

What is wrong with you Isabella? He just told you to get out and you're crushing over him.

"Iam sorry". I say and walk out of the elevator while looking down.

Third man presses the button while staring at me and the elevator's door close.

I go in the second elevator and presses the button and reach the seventh floor.

"Did she say left or right?". I mutter to myself.
It was right side I guess.

I knock on the door and a familiar voice says.

"Come in".

I enter the room and look around. It has a dark theme and it's as big as our whole apartment. It has a central glass table in the Middle and and sofas on the side.
Despite being big, it's kinda empty.

There was a man sitting on the chair and working on his laptop.

"Keep the coffee on the table and bring the dealer's file". He says without sparing me a glance.

I don't know what to say so I just stay silent.

"I just said to..". He says angrily but stops talking when he looks at me.

Oh God. This is the same man who told me to get out of the elevator.
Is he the boss?

"What are you doing here?". He asks crossing his arms.

"Sir...I.... Interview". I stammer.

"This is my cabin not an interview room". He says putting pressure on each word.

"Iam sorry sir". I say and looks down.

"Are you sure you're here for the interview? I would suggest you to back off. You can't even do a thing properly, who told you that you'll be able to work here? It's my company and we seriously don't joke around here. You're rejected". He says and my eyes wide.

"H-How can you reject me without even interviewing me? Iam hundred percent capable of working here, you can't doubt my capability just because of some silly mistakes". I say a little confidently.

"I can reject you because it's my company Miss whatever your name is". He says and sits back on his chair.

"Atleast interview me before rejecting me". I say and he looks at me.

"What is your name?". He asks staring into my soul.

"Isabella". I say in a low voice.

"You can't even handle a rejection Miss Bella, you still have to grow in your life. Learn to handle rejection and acception in the same way and and come again. Till then, get out". He says and focusses back on his laptop.

"But I -". He cuts me off.

"You. Are. Rejected". He says gritting his teeth.

I walk to his table and throw a glass of water at his face.

"What the fuck?". He yells getting up from his seat.

"Learn to handle every situation in the same way Mr.". I look at the nameplate on his table and continue.
"Josh smith".

I walk out of his cabin shutting the door while tears ran down my eyes.

This job was really important for me. I failed once again. Iam just a looser, just how my parents describe me.