019

Killer cautiously looks around as he speedily drives. Sky watches worriedly from the passenger seat.

"Damien, what's wrong?"she asks, causing him to glance over at me.

"...I don't know how to tell you.."he says.

"Tell me what? What's going on?"she asks, sitting up.

Killer looks up into the rearview mirror, seeing Zac snoozing in his booster seat and then takes a deep breath as he looks back at the road.

"My name is Damien Martinez. I'm associated with a biker gang called the Jesters."he says.

"Okay, associated how?"Sky asks.

He swallows down hard, still looking at the road.

"...before I tell you what I have to tell you, I want you to know that you and the kids have been the best thing that's ever happened in my life. And I know we've only known each other for a little while but I'm fully convinced I'm going to marry you some day."

"...that's actually adorable, so adorable that I fear what you're about to tell me will somehow harm our relationship."sky says softly.

He shrugs his shoulders as if to say "welp, here goes."

"...I'm an assassin, Sky."he says.

She looks at him in disbelief and then chuckles a bit.

"Good one, Killer."she laughs.

His face remains solid.

"I've killed 192...197 people to date. The reason I moved in to the house next to you was because I was placed in witness protection. Number 192 was a dirty cop for a rival gang, set the rest of the pigs on me. So I went into hiding."he says looking over at Sky.

"And met you."

Sky waits for the joke to end but Killer remains silent.

"....are you joking?"she asks softly.

"I get 20k a kill, and I've been doing it since I was 17."he says.

Sky's hands begin to shake as she covers her mouth in shock.

"Oh my god you're not joking."she whimpers.

"I know what you're going to say."he says.

"No! No you don't know at all! I let you be around my kids! Oh my god!"she says.

"I would never hurt the kids I love them, you know this Sky."he says as they turn down their street.

"Damien why do we have to leave? You said you killed a dirty cop, is someone after you?"she asks.

"It's worse than that. There's a gang..well it's more like an agency. They call themselves the royal family. Highly trained assassins. The one that's after me is a particularly gruesome asshole. Fancy dressed fucker."he says.

"Killer what did you do? Why is he after you?"she asks.

He sighs after putting the car in park.

"The other night, when I promised you I would never be bad again. I got a call.."he says softly.

"...is that where you went in the middle of the night?"Sky asks.

He only nods.

She scoffs and covers her mouth.

"I'm so stupid. Oh my god."she says.

"You're not stupid. And you have every right to be upset, I did lie."he says.

"I had a murder around my children."she says softly.

"Hey, I'm not a murder I'm a Killer, there's a difference."he says, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"You're fucking joking."she says.

"Stay here please."Killer says as he gets out of the car.

"W-what?"

He closes the door and puts his hood up before running towards the house.

........

Killer quickly and quietly gathers a few of Sky's things. He stuffs them into a bag and then begins gathering items for the kids. Clothes for Zac, diapers and a pump for Tiana.

He hears glass shattering from outside and he instantly ducks down, cautiously crawling over to the window and peaking out.

He instantly sees 3 suited men breaking in to his house from the kitchen window.

"Fuck."he says quietly.

He quickly begins to gather a few more things and then rushes our of the house.

.....

Sky watched as Killer quickly runs back to the car. He opens the door and sighs as he places the bags in the back seat.

"What is going on?"she asks.

"It's alright. Um, reach under your seat and hand me that 9, would you?"he asks, leaning over her to the glove compartment.

"9? What?"she questions as she reaches under her seat, grabbing an object that was secured under it and pulling it out.

She quickly realizes it was indeed a 9 millimeter handgun, and she gasps as she instantly drops it into her lap.

"What the fuck Damien!?"She shouts as he grabs it from her lap and begins screwing a silencer on to the gun.

"Don't worry about it. Come here."he says before pulling her close and kissing her lips passionately.

The kiss breaks and she whimpers slightly as he hands her the car keys.

"I'll be right back."he says, standing out of the car and closing the door once again.

.....