Maturity

- I S A I A H -

- I S A I A H -

If anyone was to tell me I'd be here in this position two years ago, I'd probably laugh them to scorn.

Yet here I am. Living through it.

"Okay, meeting has commence" the highest ranker of the mob orders. He's the father of Emil and Emiza — Emanuel.

Taking a deep breath, I begin "let me first extend my appreciation for one, being accepted into the union as one of your own. And two, for the opportunity to meet in such short notice"

Adjusting my tie, I loosen it from my neck and continue "with this being the first I'm able to sit at this table to meet with you all, it's with great disappointment why I'm here.."

".... I've grown to understand and live by the main value that keeps the union together and in operation for decades — lealtà. Never once have I went against it."

".... Unfortunately, the man that brought me into the union. Who's taught me everything I know and who I considered to be my father, eventually went against that one thing. Not only did he threaten my life, but he killed the man I've grown to call my brother and threaten to harm the woman I've come to call my wife who was pregnant at the time with my son"

At the sound of them gasping, I look around at each of their facial expressions. Just as expected, they're all flabbergasted.

"Quiet" Emanuel orders. They all eventually settled down.

He gestured for me to continue "grandfather has ordered for a hit on my head because he was afraid of who I might become — better than him. The increase of the union asses proves it. And even with knowing all this, I refrain from taking matters into my own hands. Instead, I bring the matter to your attention. Hoping you will understand and have him pay for the damages and disloyalty he's portrait."

With their mutter filling the room, my focus is set on only one person. Hoping he'll justify the matter as expected.

Emil leans over and pat my shoulder "my dawg."

I give him no response.

"Where is he?" Emanuel poses a question, to me?

"No clue, but I can call and have you know" he laughs.

Pressing the buttons on the telephone, he orders "take him down to the chambers and have him prep."

Oh. He ain't wasting no time.

And clearly tested you with that question.