Truth or Drink

Following Night

- N A O M I -

"Soooo?"

She looks up at me confused. I elaborate "seen you lastnight all boo'd up. Never knew it was getting serious."

You in her business, don't do that.

She's with my mans business affiliate. I'm suppose to. We're the reason she's here and not in the big A. The reason she met him in the first place.

Now if something fi happen, I'm partially to be blamed.

It's our business now.

Powering off the phone screen, she gives me her attention. Fixing her already fixed black body wave hair over her shoulder, her now redden cheeks are visible.

"I wouldn't say serious. We're only just getting acquainted with each other" coulda fool me.

"Oh" I say.

She adds "Yea. He's quite the interesting one though" She pulls in to whisper and say "Said he's the son of the brother who runs the 'mafia' organization."

Acting oblivious, I ask her "and you believe him?"

"F--ck yea. Them tanker truck stacked with bricks that he showed me did enough convincing" she roll her neck and say.

Oh wow. Really his sister's brother. 'Cause what if she was the feds?

"That doesn't scare you away from him? He's a feign and associated with the mob" she shakes her head instantly.

"Nah. I've seen how secure your husband gotchu despite what he's mixed in. I'm gone take Emil for what he is and ride the wave until whenever."

"....Besides, he's now in rehab wanting to sober up. That's the best way to start I think" she beams.

But I'm still stuck on the mentioning of Kam.

"What'd you mean 'despite what Isaiah's mixed in'?" I act ignorant to her words.

She make the face that speaks 'be for real'. I shrug to still play it off.

"Your skincare and other businesses can not allow you to pay me what you and him did for me to move out here with ya'll. Ya'll entire way of life screams 'where illegally rich'. Come on Naomi"

"Well" I try to defend her point. But come up with nothing.

"Don't worry I'm not the one to yap. And due to the fact I'm in ya'll close circle, that's the only reason I caught on. In the initial stage when you first hired me I was clueless as f--ck" she assures me.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I reach over and pour myself a glass of wine.

The way how me just ketch heart failure, I think I'm gonna need something stronger.