Hanni - Confessing

My father received a new job offer, which meant I was going to be moving away to the states - away from my friends, my family, and my school. 

-𝟏 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫-

It had been one week since I had told Hanni I was moving away to the states, she didn't take it very well. As soon as I told her she burst into tears and ran away. 

I looked at my phone. 

*no messages*

My heart felt so broken, knowing I wouldn't be able to see Hanni's face for that long, but it wasn't my choice. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already Monday, this was my final week at school. 

News had already spread around the school about my leaving, so I had many friends and teachers saying their goodbyes, giving me many gifts, but I still couldn't seem to find Hanni anywhere. 

Days went by in an instant. 

Tuesday. 

Wednesday. 

Thursday

Friday. My final day at school and on Saturday I wouldn't be able to meet anyone as I would be packing my bags. 

That's when I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

Hanni. 

She looked up at me, an obvious sadness in her eyes, tears brimming up as she began to speak. 

"H-hey.. wanna meet after school? We can go to our usual spot if you want?" She asked. 

How could I say no?

"U-uh, yes of course, I'll see you there?"

She nodded and turned around with her face down, avoiding all eye contact with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost sunset by the time I reached the park.

I sat myself down and looked into the lake - me and Hanni used to always come here and watch the sunset, since we were kids. A strange feeling of pain and sadness brimmed in my chest as I knew this would be the last time. 

"Boo!" Hanni shouted as she jumped onto me, making me squeal.

She sat down next to me and her expression became more serious. 

"Hey, I'm sorry for not talking to you when you told me about you leaving, I just couldn't handle it. You, my best friend was leaving, and I wouldn't know when you'd come back next, it shattered my heart."

Her voice began to crack and I catched a glimpse of a tear falling down her cheek. 

"Y/N. I need to be honest with you. I like you, I always have, and always will. Since we were kids, you had always been there for me, even after how annoying I could be, but you never cared about my bad traits - you always saw the best in me and everyone."

She lifted her head, her eyes meeting with mine. 

"I love you - Y/N."

My heart was racing and it felt like it was pounding out of my chest. 

I didn't know how to respond so I just cupped her face and slowly brought it closer to mine, attaching my lips to hers. Her lips were so soft and sweet like cherries - addictive. 

She hesitantly slipped her tongue into mine, intertwining our tongues as she moaned into my mouth. 

Then we both pulled away, panting for breath.

"I take it you like me back then Y/N?" She said with a grin on her face. 

"Of course I do." I replied, before connecting our lips once again. 

After kissing for a few hours we became tired, so she rested her head on my lap as we watched the sunset. 

I played with her hair while she played with my hands. 

At least something good came out of me leaving.