02

Later that day, Kai and Beomgyu walked to the classroom where they would have detention.

"Ugh. Well then, I have to pull an all-nighter to complete my assignments, " Beomgyu complained, forcing himself to drag to the classroom. 

"Ahh, it's a bummer, " Kai sighed. "I was supposed to take my younger sister to get some ice cream, " he continued. Beomgyu looked up to Kai and apologized. 

"I'm sorry, Kai. I shouldn't have complained in the lecture earlier."

"Hey, it's okay! You're fine!" Kai reassured Beomgyu.

The males walked to the classroom and noticed a few figures were already there.

"Yeonjun?" Beomgyu widened his eyes. What is he doing there? Beomgyu questioned 

Kai opened the door to reveal Mr. Sim at his desk. 

"Pick a desk and do whatever you want as long as it doesn't involve talking. Oh, right, no phones, hand them over." 

Beomgyu scoffed at Mr. Sim and placed his phone in a clear box at the desk. Kai followed along with him and sat next to Beomgyu. Yeonjun noticed Beomgyu sitting next to him. What is he doing here? Yeonjun got curious and shrugged. He looked at Mr. Sim to see that he was sleeping. Yeonjun took a notebook from his backpack and carefully ripped a paper to pass. 

"Why is ripping a paper in a quiet classroom so damn hard, " Yeonjun mumbled, and lucky, no one heard him.

He took out a pen from his backpack and began to scribble.

"Hey, Beomgyu, what happened earlier? Why did you get a detention?" 

He folded a paper and glanced at the teacher to ensure he was asleep. He tapped on Beomgyu's shoulder, who was resting his head on the desk. Beomgyu looked up to see Yeonjun handing a note. Beomgyu looked at him confused."Open it, " Yeonjun mouthed, and Beomgyu nodded. He carefully unfolded the paper to ensure it didn't make any loud sound. He read the note and grabbed a pencil from the inside of the desk. 

"I was talking to my friend in Mr. Park's classroom. That's how my friend Kai and I got detention."

Beomgyu folded the paper and tossed it to Yeonjun. He unfolded the paper and read Beomgyu's reply. 

"I see, " Yeonjun mouthed to Beomgyu. 

Hours went by. Kai, Beomgyu, and Yeonjun exchanged notes to learn about each other while Mr. Sim was sleeping at his desk. After detention ended, Yeonjun had an idea to hang out with Kai and Beomgyu.

"Hey guys, do you want to go to a cafe?" Yeonjun asked as he packed his things into his book bag. 

"I can't. I have to go home since my younger sister is waiting for me, " Kai uttered as he placed his backpack on one shoulder. 

"But I'm sure Beomgyu can go with you!" Kai added, which caused Beomgyu to widen his eyes.

"Right, Beomgyu?" Kai looked over to Beomgyu with his unreadable facial expression. Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu and giggled. He's so cute, Yeonjun thought. 

"Yeah, I want to hang out with you, " Beomgyu said to Yeonjun. He smiled at the latter, who was making a cute facial expression. Kai bid goodbye to both males and left the classroom.

"Sooo, which cafe are we going?" Beomgyu asked as he walked with Yeonjun in the hallway.

"You will see. I'm sure you will love the desserts and lattes." Yeonjun smiled at Beomgyu.

The males wandered in the busy streets of Seoul. Yeonjun was humming in a pleased tone as he strolled, and Beomgyu found Yeonjun's hums like a piece of soft music. They arrived at the location, and Beomgyu looked up the sign, reading "'943 Cafe."